• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Difference?

• Thread starter Thread starter gosho4
  • Start date Start date
Originally posted by combat_medic:
[qb]
The section commanders would decide who in their section will be riflemen (C7) and who will be machine gunners (C9). They will then be issued their weapons from the Quartermaster.[/qb]
Say you were on a tour overseas. Do the sections change everyday and do they stay the same all through the tour? Also would the section commander decide who was going to have each weapon before going on a patrol or again would that be decided at the begining and it would stay the same?

Originally posted by Thunder:
[qb] Boy, I can‘t wait for that CADPAT sling, i‘ll be really invisible then !! [/qb]
I have a role of camo tape made for rifles at home. That‘s really all that‘s required...

You‘ll play the switch the weapon game a lot. C9s and M203s stay in your locker, gunners carry around the section commanders C7 (in bosnia)
in afghanstan it looks like you carry everything including the kitchen sink :)

C7 good weapon but need‘s T.L.C. v‘s the F.N.
range not bad in my opinion but I still like the F.N. C.1 for hitting power!! 7.62 v‘s 5.56

C8 good for F.I.B.U.A. and crew served vehicle‘s other wise useless for general infantry use and is usely used by Section commander‘s,replacing the S.M.G.(no range)

C9 very good for assault and in the defensive roll,easy to clean and maintain.Good rate of fire and light v‘s the old C2 with 4 30 round mag‘s carried in a bra across your chest. :crybaby:
heavy S.O.B.

How much Ammo are you allowed to carry when on Patrol?And what other weapons do LTs carry?

Heck, I still remember the good old days of the SMG. Now if you want a submachine gun that could clear a room, that was the one. Sorry, I had to represent the old timers in the room. :soldier:

Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
[qb]- The visual difference is because they‘re different weapons.[/qb]
Cannot have said it better.

Back