• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do ACOP's need to take aircrew medical

jerrycan

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a quick search and found nothing, sorry if this has been addressed already.

I took my medical this morning (final part of the recruiting process) and was not asked to fill out the air crew portion (IE blood work). I know we can fly AWACS (Master Corporal and above I believe), so we do our aircrew medical if we apply for AWACS or should I go back to the RC and get the appropriate forms to fill out. I will be calling the RC tomorrow just to clear this up, but if someone knows the answer that would be of great help.  :)

MOC OCCUPATION V CV H G O A <- Air Crew Factor
169 Aerospace Control Operator – Aerospace Operator 3 2 2 3 3 4
170 Aerospace Control – Radar Control 3 2 2 3 3 4

A - Air Factor

The air factor identifies the functional relationships in respect of aircrew and passengers and is graded from 1 to 7. A1 to A4 are aircrew factors and define the duties which a member can perform and specify limitations as to type of aircraft. A5 is assigned to non-aircrew who are medically fit to fly as passengers in CF aircraft. A6 is assigned to members who are medically unfit to fly in any capacity, while A7 is assigned to aircrew who are medically unfit for any flight duty but may still fly as passengers.

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/health-sante/pd/CFP-PFC-154/pdf/AN-Eapp1-eng.pdf

Long to Short... AC Ops require an aircrew medical every year.

Thanks a lot :) will call the medical staff at RC and get all the stuff sorted out.

Back