• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

does anyone know what this is?

• Thread starter Thread starter helfish
  • Start date Start date
H

helfish

What is this attached to the C7A2. Is it a laser sight of some sort?

If the image doesnt show, it can be seen in the photo gallery, in the weapons folder under small arms.

Thanks

I'm guessing this is the picture he is reffering to.

1000015_IMG.JPG

It's an infra-red laser. 

http://nightoperations.com/Doc/EQUIPMENT/an-paq-4c.pdf

If you are referring to the C7A2 W/PAQ 4 picture, yes and no.  The PAQ 4 is an IR (infrared) aiming device and can be only viewed through night optics like NVG's.  Try Google and search for "Paq 4", you'll get about 250,000 hits.

Chilly

it's IR on one setting, red dot on another, with a couple other settings. I've played with it a time or two.

The floodlight on it is IR only, the laser aiming device has IR and normal "Red dot" settings.

Cheers,
Andrew

The one in the picture is a PAQ 4C, which will put a little bright dot on whatever you're aiming at and it is ONLY visible through MNVGs (or other forms of night vision). The larger PEQ 2 has the visible "Red Dot" setting to go along with the invisible laser. The PAQ 4C has no IR floodlight either, but we do use an IR filter on Surefire flashlights.

heres a quasi unrealated question about the C7A2, in some of the presentations and documents I have read/seen there is a receiver end plate (sling mount at the end of the buffer tube for mounting slings) on the weapon. Is this the case with all A2's. Im asking because if not I will buy my own

well, then I guess I broke mine or something. I'll bow out and leave the field to you, gentlemen. To all, disregard my posts, apparently I'm on glue.

Unrelated question: Does anyone know where one can get a fore-grip (like in the picture) that will attach to a regular C7 handguard? Everything I'm finding on the net is to be fitted onto a rail system. I won't be seeing a C7A2 for years to come at my unit, but I'd like a fore-grip now.

Some Gunsmiths sell little rail systems that screw into the existing handguard, ask your CQ.  Ive got one.  I just cant remember who makes the thing.

Cheers;
Andrew

It's called a weaver rail, and can be purchased through Blackhawk, ebay or any other retailer of fine killing accessories.

FWIW

PAC-4C (plus A and B's) IR
PEQ-2A (and B) IR

The Insight 7500 is a PEQ-2A with a red visible laser istead of the IR aiming laser, it still retains the IR illuminator

Back