• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dog Owners

MedTechStudent said:
If you ever put him up in "Dog Trader" let me know and I'l take him off your hands. :p

I don't think Old Sweat or Mrs Old Sweat would ever do that. I still remember their first dog Pilot.

I have a Lab/Sheppard cross. Good dog, but very loud. Keeps the local kids away from my yard though.

My best friend Mickey.
I adopted him when he was 5 1/2 weeks old.
He went to doggie heaven last week at the age of 14.
A sweet gentle Dalmatian/Border Collie cross with Great Dane tendencies.

Mickman.jpg

Two Chocolate Labs here.  Faith 3 years old (lying down), Callie 2 years old (standing).

259621337_vS9wH-L.jpg

Cheers,  Shayne

D Squared said:
My best friend Mickey.
I adopted him when he was 5 1/2 weeks old.
He went to doggie heaven last week at the age of 14.

I know just how bad you must feel right now.  But he'll be waiting for you....at the Rainbow Bridge.  Condolences.

My "baby" Katie (and DSquared's "adopted" baby, if she ever needs one)!!

HPIM1219.jpg

Yes, she thinks she's a cat.  We've had her for almost 5 years and she is 10.5 years old.  Barks her head off, unless we tell her it's a dog she knows (sees 2-3 times a day) but we have to give her credit as one of her former owners muzzled her at all times.  No, she's not a rescue, just had some ignorant owners.

Our newest, a 7 week old Siberian, meet "Haida".

Kat,

"You can lead a yak to water, but you can't teach an old dog how to make a silk purse out of a pig in a poke"   

-- Opus

So, since your latest is still a puppy, the question is, can you now teach her/him to make a silk purse out of a pig in a poke? ;D

Wow, very cute, I guess you'll be a little busy!!  ;D

I wanted to name her Osama, she's a little friggin' terrorist.

Dakota......best dog i ever had. I miss him every day that goes by  :(

do you remember this guy?  I used to bring him to the regiment to visit now and then.  I lost him last June, at 11 years of age.

Kat Stevens said:
do you remember this guy?  I used to bring him to the regiment to visit now and then.  I lost him last June, at 11 years of age.

I beleive i do remember that dog yes.....

My baby

Dakota  a Malamute/Shepard cross. She is coming close to 11 years old, and I truly hope to have 4 or 5 more years with her

I teach in a college. One of my lady students asked me last month: "Do you think I am beautiful?" "Why yes.. you remind me of Heidi" "Who's Heidi?" "My dog"- but she's soooo beautiiifffuulllll.". Another lady student asked me recently: "Do you love me?" "Why yes!" "Do you love me as much s you love your dogs?" "'Errrrrrr....". Walking down the road with another student (male this time) - on spotting a young lass walking her Labrador: "Wow what a sight! God! I'm in love!""Yes - Look at those legs, the way she carries her head... Yeah beautiful.. and then there's the way she carries her tail.. wow." "What the Hell are you looking at?" "The dog of course.."and you?"... Sigh.. I guess these are signs of being 51. We have three hairier, four-legged members of the family - Mama Miesia (little bear),  Heidi and Sonja - her pups..

Kat Stevens said:
Our newest, a 7 week old Siberian, meet "Haida".

Oh, I am dying of jealousy here!  But on the other hand, I just read your other post and remember what "terrorists"  >:D  Siberian puppies can be.    My advice....drink....lots.  ;)

CDN Aviator said:
Dakota......best dog i ever had. I miss him every day that goes by  :(

The Rainbow Bridge  (in case you haven't read it before)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Kat Stevens said:
I wanted to name her Osama, she's a little friggin' terrorist.

Ha! Thats funny. I was thinking last night, when I get a real dog I would call him Osama.

I've got a 3 year old SPCA special named Darwin.  His mom was a Beagle, dad...who knows but we guess Golden Lab.  Great friend and loves to travel in the truck with me.  Both our cats think he's an idiot.  He thinks they should play with him and can't understand why they don't.

Larry Strong said:
My baby

Dakota  a Malamute/Shepard cross. She is coming close to 11 years old, and I truly hope to have 4 or 5 more years with her

Boy it sure looks like she's got more Samoyed than anything else, but what ever, she's a great looking dog.

Cheers.

MamaBear:
Thank you for that.  Truly, thank you! I've never seen that before, it definitely tugged on my heart strings a little. 

Back