• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dozen female U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq combat

I agree with S_Baker 100%

Soldiers are soldiers. If they die, they die as a soldier. Regardless of being female.

You‘d know all about soldiering too you‘re a Lorne Scot cadet....say dont you have your own forum?

10 week BMQ, 7 week NETP, QL1 qualified
Sgt, RCAC

one of these guys has put more time in their organization than the other ;)

I think our reserve and reg force memebrs spend enough time posting in the cadet forum to warrant them posting in ours don‘t you think?

whats QL1 qualifed?

I know what QL2, QL3, etc are, but whats QL1?

Navy trades are different.

Thanks Ghost! Ive been a cop for 3 years too....Ive seen somethings and I know a little. Thanks though....seriously

Well you being a cop is as close to being a soldier as an army cadet is, dont you think? Except maybe they do more drill and you use a pistol? Obviously theres a few more differences but i think you get my point.

"What do you know about soldiering" I mean come on dude. Heres this kid throwing in his two sense saying a soldier is a soldier regardless of gender, a very adult thing to say and your jumping all over him. hes not saying in his experience as a cadet, bragging about his training or anything of the sort. I just think you over reacted to the Cadet Sergeant a little.

I know I agree. I know. Ive been a real dink. I apologize to the cadets. I guess its more then what I did when I was a kid.

To say that sexism does not exist in the forces is horse $hit. It‘s far better than it used to be, don‘t get me wrong, but it still manages to rear it‘s ugly head on occasion.

As for women serving in the military and in the combat arms, it was determined that to NOT allow equal opportunity to women was in direct violation of the charter of rights. The lowering of standards, however, has nothing to do with the charter, and was an administrative decision at some level... one which, even as a woman, I disagree with.

Women have been dying in combat for as long as there has been combat. These women dying in Iraq weren‘t even noteworthy enough to make the evening news... so much for the outrage of their comrades. When you serve with someone long enough, male or female, you will bond with them and watching them die will be painful. However, you‘re not going to see an entire battalion of men being driven out of their mind with rage and fury, and willing to abandon reason and authority because a woman is injured. To say as much is just ignorant.

Also, people have mentioned that women could be raped if they‘re taken prisoner. True enough. But, do you somehow think that men are incapable of being sexually assaulted? Do you think that sexual assault, mutilation and other forms of torture have never been exercised on male prisoners? Has anyone had the gall to say that men can‘t serve in the military because they could be raped? Where would that leave us?

For all the justification you would like to give, you can‘t deny people the ability to serve if they can meet the requirements. Do do so would be a violation of the rights that Canada stands for.

Originally posted by D-n-A:
[qb] whats QL1 qualifed?

I know what QL2, QL3, etc are, but whats QL1? [/qb]
QL1 is equivalent to untrained private. Basically, a civilian off the street.

Actually its Private trained, dink. The name changes every 2 weks in the Navy,

Originally posted by The WetGrunt:
[qb] Actually its Private trained, dink. The name changes every 2 weks in the Navy, [/qb]
and you called me a dink because.....?

As far as I knew, QL1 was private untrained, QL2 is BMQ qualified and QL3 was MOC.

Anyone know for sure?

Originally posted by Daniel:
[qb] Just wondering.
How old do you think I am? [/qb]
an the point of this was?

anyways, I bet I can guess the exact day an month you were born

1986-07-08
so, your 17

I wasjust being a retard. Just joking around. Your first QL 3 is your first MOC training thats correct. There is no "QL1" as ,far as I know, in any other trade than reserve Bos‘n. The name seriously changes every 3 weeks.

Oh and the term "private untrained" applies to everyone who has completed BMQ and hasnt finished a trades course. In BMQ you are "recruit" not "Private"

I think it goes like this

when you first join, your a Private(Recruit), after your BMQ/QL2 your a Private(Trained), then after your QL3, your a Private(Basic) with a hook

Back