• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dozen female U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq combat

BMQ isnt a QL level. Unless you do it different in the army.

A Pte(R) is someone who has yet to finish BMQ.

A Pte(B) is a Pte with no hook who has completed his BMQ and may or may not yet have completed his trades trg. Completion of your trades course does not automatically make you a Pte(T).

A Pte(T) is a one hook Pte.

Thats correct except Ive never seen pte(B) before.Ive only seen it as "untrained". For your first hook there are several steps. Ussually these are your first QL and BMQ plus your "Netp/SQ". Generally. Bt Willy is correct.

I know people with the rank private(trained), and they only have their BMQ/SQ

oh no, they dont wear a hook

they wont untill they complete their QL3

Ok, well then I don‘t think the people you‘re talking about actually are Pte(T). Somebody somewhere got it wrong on this one. Pte(T) is not actually a real "promotion", but for practical purposes it does work like one. You have to be trades qualified, and have a minimum of 1 year in (reserve) or 2 years in (reg) to be considered, and it isn‘t an automatic "gimme" like most people think. In most units, it‘s given at the discretion of the CO, and he can decide to hold it back if performance isn‘t up to snuff.

Willy is correct. That is Pte(T). However not every trade requires 1 year of service. But it probably usually works out that way. 1 **** hook is Pte. trained. In the Navy it 2 different ranks. Recruit-> Ordinary Seaman-> Able Seaman

That sounds about right. Privates don‘t get their hook until they are MOC qualified in our unit also.

But I do remember that someone told me once that QL1 was basically a civilian off the street who had to start BMQ yet.

It‘s the same in the army:
recruit -> private untrained -> private trained

ah, yea I forget about Private Untrained

Recruit - when you first join
Untrained - When you complete BMQ/SQ
Trained - When you complete QL3

I got mixed up cause on our Pay Stubs it says we‘re Private(Trained) :/

Maybe that QL1 thing is like an inside joke?

Life is QL1?......lots of people fail... :D

Properly speaking, the designation is Private (Basic) rather than Private Untrained. I think you‘ll find that there is a time in requirement as well, the thing being that most reservists get it right after their trades course because by the time their second summer rolls around and they finally get trades qualified, they‘ve by then met or exceeded the time in requirement.

Back