• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DWD for another Legend in the Corps

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Got this from Muggsie

RETIREMENT MESSAGE - MCPL W.S. (BILL) HAWLEY, CD

RETIREMENT MESSAGE - MCPL W.S. (BILL) HAWLEY, CD - RMS CLERK 00298

8CH and RCD - Bill served with both Regts.
An amazing tank driver back in the day!

1. ON 15 FEBRUARY 2016, MASTER CORPORAL BILL HAWLEY WILL RETIRE FROM THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES
AFTER MORE THAN 28 YEARS OF LOYAL SERVICE TO HIS COUNTRY.

2. MCPL HAWLEY JOINED THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES AS AN OFFICER CADET AT THE CANADIAN FORCES RECRUITING CENTER, OTTAWA IN 1987. AFTER BASIC TRAINING IN CHILLIWACK, BC, HE MADE HIS WAY TO ST-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, QC FOR LANGUAGE TRAINING. IN 1989 MCPL HAWLEY TRADED IN THE OFFICER LIFE FOR THAT OF A CREWMAN. HIS MANY POSTINGS AS A CREWMAN LANDED HIM IN BURTON, NB, LAHR, GERMANY, PETAWAWA AND MEAFORD, ON. DURING HIS BUSY CAREER HE MANAGED TO FIT IN TWO TOURS, ONE IN BOSNIA IN 1994-1995 AND ANOTHER ONE IN KOSOVO IN 1999-2000. AFTER SEVERAL MORE YEARS IN PETAWAWA AND MEAFORD, HE REMUSTERED TO AN RMS CLERK IN 2005 WHERE HE SPENT TIME IN BORDEN, ON, AND ONCE AGAIN IN MEAFORD, PETAWAWA, ON THEN HIS FINAL POSTING AND PLACE OF ENROLLMENT, OTTAWA.

3. MCPL HAWLEY HAS THOROUGHLY ENJOYED HIS TIME WITH THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES AND WILL BE KEEPING BUSY AS HE INTENDS TO ESTABLISH HIMSELF IN THE FARMING INDUSTRY. HE AND HIS WIFE, CAROLYN, CHILDREN KIMBERLY AND THOMAS PLAN TO REMAIN IN THE OTTAWA AREA.

4. A CASUAL GATHERING WILL BE HELD For infoIN HIS HONOUR AT THE RIDEAU CANAL JUNIOR RANKS MESS, 4 QUEEN ELIZABETH DRIVEWAY ON 17 MARCH 2016 FROM 1300 TO 15 HOURS. IN ORDER TO CONFIRM NUMBERS WITH THE VENUE, CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED NO LATER THAN 26 FEB 2016.

5. IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND, PLEASE CONTACT LAURIE.GRACEY@FORCES.GC.CA<mailto:LAURIE.GRACEY@FORCES.GC.CA> OR RACHEL.PRATT@FORCES.GC.CA<mailto:RACHEL.PRATT@FORCES.GC.CA>. CONGRATULATORY MESSAGES, ANECDOTES, PICTURES AND BEST WISHES CAN BE FORWARDED TO EITHER OF THE ABOVE CONTACTS BEFORE THE GATHERING.

PO1 / M1 Laurie Gracey, CD

I/C Claims & IR/SE, Ops & OUTCAN IC, CFSU(O) Canadian Armed Forces Laurie.Gracey@forces.gc.ca<mailto:Laurie.Gracey@forces.gc.ca> / Tel: 613-996-2572 - CSN: 996-2572

I/C Reclamation & RI/FAF, Ops & OUTCAN IC, USFC(O) Forces armées canadiennes Laurie.Gracey@forces.gc.ca<mailto:Laurie.Gracey@forces.gc.ca> / Tél. : 613-996-2572/ RCCC : 996-2572

Best of everything Bill!

The wisdom of life
Consists in the elimination of nonessentials

Unquote
Lin Yutang

Muggsie

CO's Secretary RCD

Gratitude Sustains My Attitude

One of the stalwarts of B Sqn during my Tp Leading/BC days! He was our corporate knowledge of Leopard driving and how to live/fight on a tank.

Honour serving with you Bill!

Oh wow, Bill retiring!!?? Never thought I'd see that day, lol. Bill is one of the best people. I remember when we were in the shacks in Lahr, and we'd all be going out for the night, and we'd ask Bill if he wanted to come, most times he'd say no, had some reading to do. The man had filling cabinets full of AFV information, you name it!!! Lol.

Man!! I really need to get back out east soon. I had a drunk call the other night from a bunch of the boys, Yeoman, Jim Hebert, Murray Robertson, Shickler....

Back