• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ear Stretchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComDvr13

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am writing my CFAT next week or so and I am wondering what the consensus is on ear stretchers. They're 00Gauge so quite  small as these things go and they wont shrink and look terrible when the plug isnt in anyway. Will I be forced to remove them during BMQ if I make it? Or forever the rest of my military career? Can I get skin colored ones?

Anyone with this issue?

Cheers,

ComDvr13 said:
Hello,

I am writing my CFAT next week or so and I am wondering what the consensus is on ear stretchers. They're 00Gauge so quite  small as these things go and they wont shrink and look terrible when the plug isnt in anyway. Will I be forced to remove them during BMQ if I make it? Or forever the rest of my military career? Can I get skin colored ones?

Anyone with this issue?

Cheers,

If they are what I think they are then yes it will be an issue while you wear the uniform or are considered "on duty".  The CF has a policy on piercings.

ComDvr13 said:
Hello,

I am writing my CFAT next week or so and I am wondering what the consensus is on ear stretchers.

My concensus is they're $&#()$* stupid looking.  (You asked...)

ill I be forced to remove them during BMQ if I make it?

Yes

Or forever the rest of my military career?

Anytime you are on duty you can't wear them including if you are in civies (Dress With A Difference days, etc).

Can I get skin colored ones?

You can get a whole rainbow of colors, but you can't wear any of them in uniform or on duty.

ComDvr13 said:
Hello,

Anyone with this issue?

Cheers,

What are your ears going to look like when you grow out of that fad?

Hahahaha, thats gold gentlemen. Thankfully I dont really care about your opinions on this matter. Just needed to know what I needed to know thanks.

Robert0288 said:
Also uncomfortable when someone pad locks you to your bed.
:rofl:  That picture just made my day - thank you!

Robert0288 said:
Also uncomfortable when someone pad locks you to your bed.

I'm hoping that you're not speaking from experience on that one...

MM

No it happened to someone else on course who kept sticking their fingers through their ears.  A pad lock was locked into place on her ear, and a chain ran from that to a bed post.

End result achieved, lesson learned.  No more sticking fingers through their ears.

Don't pay any attention to these haters.  NOTHING screams badass professional JTF2 assaulter/underwater knife fighter/ninja like a couple of Dana 60 axle bearing races jammed into your earlobes.

Kat Stevens said:
Don't pay any attention to these haters.  NOTHING screams badass professional JTF2 assaulter/underwater knife fighter/ninja like a couple of Dana 60 axle bearing races jammed into your earlobes.

Exactly...jesus someone gets it  ;D

Christ.  I'm old and out of touch.  Until I started reading the thread I didn't have a friggin clue what an "ear stretcher" was. 

One of my youngsters at work has the toilet seat look.  There's several of the kids as a matter of fact.  To each their own.  :dunno:

ComDvr13 said:
They're 00Gauge so quite  small as these things go and they wont shrink and look terrible when the plug isnt in anyway. Will I be forced to remove them during BMQ if I make it? Or forever the rest of my military career? Can I get skin colored ones?

Get used to looking terrible for the next 25 years. You wouldn't be wearing them in my section.

We gave my guy a hard time, kidding wise when he first came on board.  He seems to be somewhat embarrassed by it now ( the condition of the ears) and say's "looking back, it was kind of stupid..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back