• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EMMA Thread [Merged]

While browsing through my profile at EMMA I wonder about two categories 1.obligatory service: Aug, 2017 and also 2.Expiry date: Aug, 2019

My guess is that my contract with the military should be renewed by Aug, 2019 if I choose to stay or I will have to serve until Aug, 2017 if I decide to leave the military. I did subsidized education and did a 2-year program (From 2012-14) paid by the military.

You have to serve until Aug 2017 to pay back your obligatory service. Your TOS expires Aug 2019, and you'll likely be offered new TOS a year before that.

Does that mean I can go work in another job after Aug. 2019?
And if I wanna switch trade in the forces, I can do that after Aug. 2017 because my obligatory service period is over by then?
Because I'm not quite happy with my posting for several reasons. 

abejackson said:
Does that mean I can go work in another job after Aug. 2019?
And if I wanna switch trade in the forces, I can do that after Aug. 2017 because my obligatory service period is over by then?
Because I'm not quite happy with my posting for several reasons.

Yes and yes. However, you'll be applying for AVOTP for APS18, you cannot apply before that Aug 2017 date. You wouldn't move until APS18 if you are picked up (there are OUTCAPs for trades, VOT is hard for some trades). They also likely won't entertain AVOTP unless you have a certain amount of time left in your TOS.

Asking for a posting might help, or ask for a no-cost move to another unit?

Thank you for your answer.
I don't know certain terms like AVOTP, APS18 and No-cost move to another unit (how does this work?)
Is there a list of abbreviations used in the CF? or Would you mind explaining them to me?

abejackson said:
Thank you for your answer.
I don't know certain terms like AVOTP, APS18 and No-cost move to another unit (how does this work?)
Is there a list of abbreviations used in the CF? or Would you mind explaining them to me?

There are far too many abbreviations in the CAF, but that's another set of issues.

AVOTP: Annual Voluntary Occupational Transfer Program = the mechanism used to request a change in your military occupation.  It is not guaranteed.  It is not a right.

No-cost move: Change of jobs where you remain in the same geographic location.  For example, if you are a suply technician in Gagetown, you could have a no-cost move from Base Supply to 2 RCR - you're still workign as a supply tech in Gagetown, but in a different location in Gagetown.

abejackson said:
Is there a list of abbreviations used in the CF?

Canadian Military Acronyms
http://milnet.ca/wiki/index.php/Canadian_Military_Acronyms

abejackson said:
While browsing through my profile at EMMA I wonder about two categories 1.obligatory service: Aug, 2017 and also 2.Expiry date: Aug, 2019

My guess is that my contract with the military should be renewed by Aug, 2019 if I choose to stay or I will have to serve until Aug, 2017 if I decide to leave the military. I did subsidized education and did a 2-year program (From 2012-14) paid by the military.

As mentioned above, the "Expiry date" is the end of your current TOS (eg; VIE 7) and you should be offered new TOS no less than 24 months prior to this date (ie; Aug 17 or sooner).

Based on your occupation and entry plan (NCM STEP), they should present you concurrently with two separate TOS Offers, one for a CE5 and the other for an IE25.  It's up to you to choose one of the two or decline them both.

Can someone post a link to EMAA?

Currently deployed and all the images for this build have issues. No favourites are loaded on the browser.

Trail to find it (since I am on my phone).

Go to http://cfsuo.mil.ca

From the top, select Organizations

Select Chief of Military Personnel

EMMA should be on the right hand side.

Back