• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer officer=Combat Engineer? Translation Error?

Jesdeleau

Inactive
Reaction score
I was given this list of trades after my CFAT to choose for an officer trade so naturally, being a Civil Engineer, one of my choices was Engineer Officer. I was warned by the recruiter that it is “combat”. I didn’t understand it then and I sort of just brushed it off because I have done my research and I know what Engineer Officers do. Then this morning, I happened to flip the paper and saw the French counterparts. I was so shocked to see “Officier du génie de COMBAT.” So I went to the forces’ site to verify this. Clicked on Combat Engineer and when clicked on “Francais”, it is translated to “Sapeur de Combat” and a university degree is not needed. I find this very weird because when I went to the career fair, I met a Combat Engineer in the reserves and he is an actual P.Eng (He is French so maybe they call it like that). Anyway, I am just so confused. Also for the interview, I don’t want to sound stupid. I don’t know why the recruiter warned me.

*Hopefully this question hasn’t been asked yet. If yes, sorry. I couldn’t find the answer and I am kinda panicking because my application has been processed already. I don’t know if I could change it.

Attachments

• ABDA8C62-4569-4267-B696-590BE1BF4F48.png
    ABDA8C62-4569-4267-B696-590BE1BF4F48.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Here is the List in English.

*can’t attach both at the same time.

Attachments

• 604B1497-FC4E-4093-935E-A185632FF1E2.png
    604B1497-FC4E-4093-935E-A185632FF1E2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
MOSID 00181 'Engineer Officer' is the officer trade found in combat engineer units, their subordinates are primarily comprised of MOSID 00339 'Combat Engineer' soldiers. The recruiter probably warned you that it was a combat trade to ensure you were aware what sort of job you were applying for... it is in many ways more similar to an Infantry Officer than a Construction Engineering Officer.

winds_13 said:
MOSID 00181 'Engineer Officer' is the officer trade found in combat engineer units, their subordinates are primarily comprised of MOSID 00339 'Combat Engineer' soldiers.

Thank you  :nod: I think that answers all my questions. I think I am on the right track. Although, Engineer Officer is just my 3rd choice. I feel like it is meant for people with super great leadership skills/experience. Not sure I'm equipped for that challenge yet but if it's given to me, I would definitely improve myself.

Back