• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

elsalado said:
I would also join the facebook group.

Hey elsalado, are you going on the french or english platoon for your BMOQ, because i'm also going for the Acso trade (seems that there's not a lot of people going for that trade), but I will be on the french platoon in January?

Hey Max I'll be in the English platoon. You're right, there don't seem to be many going for the ACSO trade. Makes me feel special haha.

elsalado said:
Hey Max I'll be in the English platoon. You're right, there don't seem to be many going for the ACSO trade. Makes me feel special haha.

I just hope that we will not have to wait like 1 year to the course start, because if there's not enough people, it can be a long wait. I heard a guy that he have to wait a year to go on his trade course. If so I will go on OJT (on job training)

Yea I've heard it can take from 6 months to a year. Hopefully I can do my OJT in Winnipeg so I don't have to move again.

Ok, I made a fb group called BMQ jan 16 2017!!  [:)
Anyone's welcome to join!! Look forward to meeting you all in five weeks  :salute:

Just wanted to wish you guys happy holidays! Enjoy your time off, 2017 is the the beginning of a new adventure!!

See you on January 14th!
Joyeuses Fêtes, à bientôt!

Happy 2017 ladies and gentlemen! :subbies: Swearing in in 3 days, this is getting real, so excited! [:D

Happy New Year Everyone. Take it easy the next two weeks. See you all soon in St Jean.

Take it easy the next two weeks.

Unfortunately the holiday season just fell at a lousy time ;D. Need to get my training back to where it was pre-chocolate and massive turkey dinner season ;).

Hello all. I will be joining you in St. Jean on the 16th. Coming from Woodstock with London as my CFRC. Going in as a Pilot under the CEOTP entry program in partnership with Seneca College to obtain my Bachelor of Science in Aviaton. It's been a long year of interviews and aircrew selection but it will be so worth it. Looking forward to meeting everyone

Was just curious with the ceremony. Coming up soon and I have some questions.
- how should I dress ?
I know I should dress in nice clothes not gross and dingy . And perhaps not to over kill it . what about a nice polo and dress pants. 
- do they do a recheck on like credit or anything . maybe taxes owing or and speeding tickets ? I don't have any thankgod and hoping it stays that way. The last thing I need is them to regect me at the ceremony!
- last I've been training with the physical test for about a month now. Seem to got it down. Can run 2.4 km in 11 minutes . etc etc. Anyone graduated bmq can give me tips ?
Much appreciated guys !

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Paulyduch said:
- how should I dress ?
I know I should dress in nice clothes not gross and dingy . And perhaps not to over kill it . what about a nice polo and dress pants. 

If you want my opinion, wear a suit.

Your family will mark this occasion as a milestone akin to a graduation, and this is the first of many ceremonies you will attend in your career; in which ressing down is a massive faux paux (or extras ;) ).

Your Attesting Officer will most likely be in DEU 1A, which is on par with semi formal wear. Might as well look smart and proper than worry about "over doing it"

Just some food for thought.

See also,

WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?!?!?! 
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mQ2l8_zaJXEJ:army.ca/forums/index.php%3Ftopic%3D13479.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
9 pages.

rmc_wannabe said:
If you want my opinion, wear a suit.

Your family will mark this occasion as a milestone akin to a graduation, and this is the first of many ceremonies you will attend in your career; in which ressing down is a massive faux paux (or extras ;) ).

Your Attesting Officer will most likely be in DEU 1A, which is on par with semi formal wear. Might as well look smart and proper than worry about "over doing it"

Just some food for thought.
Thanks. I'll def wear a suit then ! I appreciate it

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Paulyduch said:
- how should I dress ?

"You can never be overdressed or overeducated"
Oscar Wilde

Hi everyone,
I'm kind of panicking right now, I was just accepted into the Reserves last week and my recruiter said my swearing in would be this Friday, and he said he would send me an email with all the details last week but I didn't get an email from him. I tried emailing my recruiter and he is out of office, I haven't gotten a response from the email the autoreply had, nor from my file manager, the CBG recruiter, or the CFRC. I don't even know what time or where it's happening much less what I'm required to bring. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

A Very Cold Fire said:
Hi everyone,
I'm kind of panicking right now, I was just accepted into the Reserves last week and my recruiter said my swearing in would be this Friday, and he said he would send me an email with all the details last week but I didn't get an email from him. I tried emailing my recruiter and he is out of office, I haven't gotten a response from the email the autoreply had, nor from my file manager, the CBG recruiter, or the CFRC. I don't even know what time or where it's happening much less what I'm required to bring. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Have you called your unit? Left a voicemail or spoke with someone?

Have you emailed your unit? Check your Spam filter for any replies?

Have you gone to your unit during working hours (8am-4pm) ?

Most Pres units will have full-time staff who process the daily administration.
One of the roles of these staff is to support the unit and assist it function.
The person you are trying to reach might be part-time. 
If you call / visit your unit’s Orderly Room (OR), the staff there
should be able to answer these simple questions, or
direct you to who should answer your questions.

kratz said:
Have you called your unit? Left a voicemail or spoke with someone?

Have you emailed your unit? Check your Spam filter for any replies?

Have you gone to your unit during working hours (8am-4pm) ?

Most Pres units will have full-time staff who process the daily administration.
One of the roles of these staff is to support the unit and assist it function.
The person you are trying to reach might be part-time. 
If you call / visit your unit’s Orderly Room (OR), the staff there
should be able to answer these simple questions, or
direct you to who should answer your questions.

Would the unit orderly room know about my swearing in since I'm not enrolled yet?

Back