• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Entering an Officer's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quag

Inactive
Reaction score
This sounds like a dumb question and I know that.  But what is the proper way to enter an officer's office?  Do you come to attention and salute at the door?  I wouldn't think this would be the case because you are supposed to remove your headress inside RHQ?

As some of you might get from my profile, all I have known is courses, and I know the actual military is different.

Quag said:
This sounds like a dumb question and I know that.  But what is the proper way to enter an officer's office?  Do you come to attention and salute at the door?  I wouldn't think this would be the case because you are supposed to remove your headress inside RHQ?

As some of you might get from my profile, all I have known is courses, and I know the actual military is different.

Knock, come to attention (or salute if headress is on), then enter.  ;D

(some areas are "no salute" zones)
inquire within - else, as NL Sapper has suggested - Knock real loud!, pause 2, 3..........

In the Navy you knock on the door and ask politely if the person is able to see you or if you have an appointment you inform the person politely that you are there. We don't wear headress or salute in buildings. Usually you don't sit down unless the officer asks you to. 

on a course quite simple...

1- knock
2- present yourselft with Rank, Last name and 3 last and announce to whom you wish to talk and what do you wish to talk about. (all of this while on attention)

Quite simple :)

This Topic has been answered, not only here, but in other topics already.  No need to turn this into a Radio Chatter thread.

Topic cleaned up and LOCKED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back