• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EO Tech Vs FCS

combatbuddha

Inactive
Reaction score
Well the name change has come and I am wondering what the general consenses is amongst the troops. I'll always be an FCS Tech as we older guys tend to have a habit of not letting go of the past. Any other of you FCS Techs out there, drop me a line.  :cdn:

You think you're old, don't forget those old ELM 431 Techs out there.... :crybaby:
What does the EO stand for now? Electronics and Optronics?

I was 431 at one point too, in the early days before I decided to become a crystal cruncher. Did my 5's and spent most of my time after that at first line......havn't been in a clean room in years. You are right, Electronics-Optronics Technician.

jgale358 said:
It's funny, even though our name IS changed everyone still refers to us as FCS anyway. They should've sent out an Army wide email telling everyone about the switch cuz if you say to someone I'm the EO tech all you get is a blank look..
....And what do you think of the RCEME Guys, or is it LORE........Nope that was after RCEME and before EME......so what do they call themselves this year?  RCEME (with a silent "C")? ......... At least a lot of us still do.

I'm not old, and I don't have lots of time in, but I always called my trade FCS and I always will... Sounds better than EO, doesn't it? ;)

BTW, why did they change it?

Cheers!

Nitz

To stop people from thinking we worked on fire alarms and sprinkler systems I guess...
Better visability, and something that described in lay terms what we do.

jgale358 said:
It's funny, even though our name IS changed everyone still refers to us as FCS anyway. They should've sent out an Army wide email telling everyone about the switch cuz if you say to someone I'm the EO tech all you get is a blank look..
agreed

George Wallace said:
....And what do you think of the RCEME Guys, or is it LORE........Nope that was after RCEME and before EME......so what do they call themselves this year?  RCEME (with a silent "C")? ......... At least a lot of us still do.

Lets not forget the RCOC and RCASC.
It's been EME for the past 15 years and hopefully for a few more. As long as the troops recognize the horse, and know where to get their kit fixed, the rest is gravy...

Back