• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex TRIDENT JUNCTURE 2018

• Thread starter stellarpanther
  • Start date
Journeyman said:
It could  be one of the Beechcraft King Air B200, which have been adapted for ELINT/SIGINT.

It could, but the Auroras were there and they weren't mentioned elsewhere. 

Dimsum said:
Hence the italics, with no further comment -- that whole 'staying in my lane' thing.

Although it answers the question on RCAF having "spy planes," since some may consider ELINT/SIGINT 'spying.'  :cheers:

Dimsum said:

If they had flown, maybe they would have been mentioned  :D

PPCLI Guy said:

COA 1: Fly long boring missions.

COA 2: Develop a mysterious snag and spend your time hitting on statuesque Norwegian blondes saying "I'm a pilot, you know"

That's actually pretty impressive for the CF, I must say.

One of the smallest western militaries, and yet the 4th largest contingent... 

2000 troops, vehicles & weapons.  8 Hornets.  A tanker.  An Aurora.  And in an Article 5 scenario, I'm sure artillery & armoured units also.  Pretty good considering our deployments to Latvia, Ukraine, Mali, and Iraq right now.

PPCLI Guy said:

:rofl: 

Well, to be fair, they did fly "to" Norway... :D

Hopefully, the 'situation' that happened will force people (GoC, CAF, RCAF leadership) to reconsider that "2035" timeline... :whistle:  (I wasn't there but know what has been going on).

Underway said:
We have a SPY PLANE?  Must be so super secret no one knows about it.

I've seen numerous media sources call a P-8 a 'spy plane' so...it's the soup de jour in this day and age.  Just like any track vehicles are 'tanks'...

CBH99 said:

2000 troops, vehicles & weapons.  8 Hornets.  A tanker.  An Aurora.  And in an Article 5 scenario, I'm sure artillery & armoured units also.  Pretty good considering our deployments to Latvia, Ukraine, Mali, and Iraq right now.

You're neglecting to mention the 4 naval vessels we had deployed to TRJE18 (in addition to the 4 other Frigates, Asterix, and 3 other MCDVs deployed elsewhere).

Lumber said:
You're neglecting to mention the 4 naval vessels we had deployed to TRJE18 (in addition to the 4 other Frigates, Asterix, and 3 other MCDVs deployed elsewhere).

Don’t forget the Aurora that was (or still is) part of Op Projection. 

We need new planes, and sadly our fleet serviceability issues are only going to get worse. 

And, the RCAF Transport Sqn's going like mad to keep things moving back and forth...TJ, OP Projection, Mali, Latvia, OP IMPACT.  You only have to go to a place like Hickam to see how small the RCAF really is.

* there was a 2 plane LRP Det on TJ

** you can't measure on a military solely on 'how much stuff is out the door', you have to measure it against things like strategic/operational/tactical effects as well.  Personally, I'd say "don't pat ourselves on the back too much, yet"...

EITS: agreed. But it seems to me that, unlike a few years ago, at least they are trying. I don’t think Canada will ever reach for meaningful, measurable strategic effects to measure by Hickam airlift standards.  Operational in theatre, sure. Tactical, yes if everything is in place and working and it is safe.

CBH99 said:

Almost a junior, temporary version of 4 CMBG plussed up with CAST. :nod:

Regards

G2G

If we were truly serious, we'd have Chinooks out there too...

I'm guessing there was plenty of tactical airlift with the EU countries there in their own backyard.  Between Mali & the training pipeline, 15 birds doesn't go all that far.

I'm sure in a real Article 5 situation, there'd be some Chinooks there.

Back