• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Exercise Frozen Beaver

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
National Post story  on putting up the flag on that island in the north.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=37a52df3-690c-4544-b199-1385ba403cbc

very Canadian and very  funny name i thought for the Exercise.
would of been one of those cold exercises I would of enjoyed being a part of.

Jesus Christ...Why does everything have to be about money!

Man, they're really scraping the bottom of the Exercise name barrel, aren't they? Frozen beaver?! Sounds like that Marine running song from Full Metal Jacket.

" How do ya like yourrrr, uhm, BEAVER!!...cold,cold,cold,......" :blotto:

couchcommander said:
That's a great name, IMO.
Um........my wife thought she may end up doing SQ in either Gagetown or Wainwrigh in January...now THAT's frozen beaver!

That article really made my day. I love how they made an Inukshuk out of the stones. I also love how their first mission was to find rocks. Sorry let me rephrase that, "Select" rocks suitable for the mission. Frozen Beaver? What a kickass name! Using an animal that has great symbolism to our country and using the name in a obviously worthy mission. I hate to think but I don't think the Beavers were the ones who were frozen out there. To think we spend time and money on doing things like that is maybe not my idea of proper budget spending but if it raises morale and people respect it I say power to them. If I see that Inukshuk out there some day, I'll salute it!

Back