• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Expected BMOQ date

kylerchi

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day Everyone,  :salute:

Spoke with my CFRC on Wed, was told that have been merit listed and the selection date for Con. Eng is at AUG 31 and AUG 29 for inf.
Knowing that the next two BMOQ start at Sep 5 and Oct 24 respectively, I wonder should I be expecting to get into one of these two if I get selected, or could be one later than these.
Would greatly appreciate for the advice, Thank you in advance.

Best,
Kyler

Good Day,

The 5-Sep BMOQ is completely loaded, there are currently spots on 24-Oct and the next one on 16-January-2017.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Thanks for the reply, Sgt Laen
It's great to know what should I be expecting and the time frame too.
Now, I could fill my schedule with plans.
Awesome, thanks a lot. :)

Best Regards,
Kyler

I was told by a recruiter they run bmq Evey week with a new platoon?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

GTFX said:
I was told by a recruiter they run bmq Evey week with a new platoon?

they try, but one factor can change a lot (number of recruits at the school + number of people on RFT, PAT and PAR) at peak there can be close to 4-5000 people living and training in those walls.

if you look at the current calender http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page 

GTFX,

Please note that there is a difference between BMQ (for Non-commissioned Members) which does have more start dates, and BMOQ (for Officers) which is what this thread is about.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Oh well that makes sense then. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know when are the selection date and BMOQ date for DEO FRENCH infantry.
The french side of the forum is completely desert [:(, so i<m posting it here.

Thank you,
Simon

Good Day,

The selection dates for English and French are exactly the same, the difference is in course dates. 
The next French BMOQ is 16 January 2017.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Sergeant Laen said:
Good Day,

The 5-Sep BMOQ is completely loaded, there are currently spots on 24-Oct and the next one on 16-January-2017.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Hi Sgt Laen,

I'm a DEO Legal applicant trying to get a ballpark estimate on my BMOQ date. Completed CFAT on 24-Aug (so still pretty early in the process).

Do you know roughly how many spots are left in the 24-Oct and 16-Jan BMOQ? And would it be crazy to think that my application could move forward quick enough such that I could get into one of them?

Thanks!
Sorcerers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Day,

There are still spots open on both the 24-Oct and 16-Jan BMOQ at the moment.

There are many aspects of an application between the CFAT and an Offer of Employment that could cause a slow down in an application, as such it is hard to state whether you will be processed in time for either of these BMOQ's. With that said, quite often DEO Legal Officers are enrolled into the military and commence employment before they go away on BMOQ.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Hello Sgt. Laen,

I was wondering about the status of the October 24 and January 16 BMOQ courses since the end of August. Are there still openings for one or both courses?

Many Thanks,

James

Good Day,

BMOQ Serial 72 (24-Oct-2016) is essentially full at this point, BMOQ Serial 73 (16-Jan-17) is at the same point, we are now starting to load BMOQ Serial 75 (20-Feb-17).
Please note that there is a Francophone course running 16-Jan also that still has seats available.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

How is language determined for BMOQ, Sgt Laen? My Recruiting Centre is Barrie Ontario, but I am bilingual. I did my CFAT in French, but my interview in English.
Just wondering what BMOQ I may be assigned to.

JDW said:
How is language determined for BMOQ, Sgt Laen? My Recruiting Centre is Barrie Ontario, but I am bilingual. I did my CFAT in French, but my interview in English.
Just wondering what BMOQ I may be assigned to.

Assignment to both BMQ and BMOQ Serials is usually based on what you declare to be your "first official language (FOL)".  This is normally captured at the time of your application to the CAF.  So if you select "English" as your FOL, you will be considered ONLY for English Language Serials.  You can list a "second official language" but it will not necessarily be recognized until such a time as you have been administered the GoC Language Testing and assigned an appropriate language profile.

You might want to contact your local Recruiting Detachment and ask the question "What is currently listed on my application as my first official language?" 

Sergeant Laen said:
Good Day,

There are still spots open on both the 24-Oct and 16-Jan BMOQ at the moment.

There are many aspects of an application between the CFAT and an Offer of Employment that could cause a slow down in an application, as such it is hard to state whether you will be processed in time for either of these BMOQ's. With that said, quite often DEO Legal Officers are enrolled into the military and commence employment before they go away on BMOQ.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Hello Sgt Laen,
Is it the same for DEO HCA's or totally different?

Thank you

Back