• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

extra kit

• Thread starter Thread starter simcoe foresters
  • Start date Start date
Hanwag Alaska GTX boots,

I must say that these are a damned good pair of boots, and when worn with the right socks, are worth there weight in gold, there sold at Track 'n' Trail in Edmonton, heres a link -

http://www.trackntrail.ca/trackntrail/sales/item9.htm

The same maker also produces the Hanwag Special Force GTX in black, I dont know how good they are from personal experience but if there as good as the boots I got, i will definatly buy a pair, once im in the reserves

http://www.trackntrail.ca/trackntrail/sales/item11.htm

arent they fine, if only worn on excercises, you guys talk about getting Danners and the like, which are aftermarket boots.

as for buying the boots as soon as i get in, it probably wont happen, realistically it will probably be sometime down the road (This sept. If all goes well, il be in the Reserves for a while, have done basic over the summer  and have moved out with a place of my own and be going to college). For the first few months anyway, I will have bigger priorities than better boots.

- Shawn

Papke said:
arent they fine, if only worn out in the field, you guys talk about getting Danners and the like, which are aftermarket boots.

as for buying the boots as soon as i get in, it probably wont happen, realistically it will probably be sometime down the road (This sept. If all goes well, il be in the Reserves for a while, have done basic over the summer   and have moved out with a place of my own and be going to college). For the first few months anyway, I will have bigger priorities than better boots.

- Shawn

Repeated, by Mistake

Papke said:
arent they fine, if only worn on excercises, you guys talk about getting Danners and the like, which are aftermarket boots.

It's complicated.

But no, don't expect to be allowed to wear them, particularly not in any domestic reserve operations.

Papke said:

as for buying the boots as soon as i get in, it probably wont happen, realistically it will probably be sometime down the road (This sept. If all goes well, il be in the Reserves for a while, have done basic over the summer   and have moved out with a place of my own and be going to college). For the first few months anyway, I will have bigger priorities than better boots.

- Shawn

Not supposed to be worn, some RSMs let it go, other don't.  Best bet, if your not chitted for them, forget it.

Back