• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Family outings/cool things to see around bases.

X-mo-1979

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Recently after visiting a few bases here in our beautiful country being away from family I spent some time thinking about what I wanted to do when I got home.Places I wanted to go,kayak,bike, or just lie around enjoying the scenery.Also fun things to take the kid to do,or nice things to do alone with the wife (I.E romantic cabin get aways,nice places for supper etc).Cool scenery off the beaten path(Grid references accepted!)

So what I would like to start here is a database of things to do around the surrounding area's around bases.

I'll start with the supper place to take the S.O.

Saffron Bistro in Pembroke.Nice atmosphere,friendly staff,and great food.And for 3 course meal for two it only ran 80 dollars with a 10 buck tip.Really not bad if you compare to places such as Boston Pizza etc.

Hopefully it will add to other's summer's,as family is the most important thing any of us has.

Any pilots/Navs on LANTC posted to Portage should check out Hor Frost (next to the Co-op gas station on the main road from Southport to Portage).  Really good restaurant/martini bar...on LANTC we went twice in 8 days!

Wanna know a good way to find all the beautiful outdoor places in your area (no matter where you are)?

www.geocaching.com

Check it out.. I know it has show my family TONS of new places we would have never found.  There are still people amazed to find out about these places, and some of them have been locals for their whole life!!

I have to agree with Bzzliteyr;

we do geocaching and have found some amazing sites and some fabulous restaurants.  I encourage anyone who likes to be outdoors and see new places to check it out.  After the initial cost of the GPS you are only out your time and gas (ok, that's expensive); however, it's something fun to do as a family as the kids like to go "treasure hunting" :)

Back