• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feb/March BMQ 2010

I'm flying out Feb 20th to St Jean and start basic on Feb 22nd as a Supply Tech.  Can't wait!!!

I'm on the MArch 8 BMQ. Navy Clerk. Platoon R0322E (R24) coming from Edmonton, Alberta.

My BF said it was in my best interest to Drive to BMQ as I will want my vehicle to travel on weekends. Anyone interested in carpooling?

blissful_tragedy said:
I'm on the MArch 8 BMQ. Navy Clerk. Platoon R0322E (R24) coming from Edmonton, Alberta.

My BF said it was in my best interest to Drive to BMQ as I will want my vehicle to travel on weekends. Anyone interested in carpooling?

Too bad you aren't starting Feb 22nd... I am from Edmonton too! But that's a pretty long drive considering how often you will actually get use of your vehicle.  Best of luck on your course... maybe see you around the mega.

Thanks! I've actually never been east of Sask so my bf said I should prolly drive so I can see Montreal or the States.

You certainly will be useful as a ride into Montreal on the weekends. Your platoon-mates will appreciate it.

Assuming you can stand getting across Ontario at 90 km/h. Pretty landscape, but man there's way too much of it.

Fly out of Edmonton on March 06 aswell, SIG OP.

I was talking about going to visit family in Ottawa area  then go to St.jean on my own.
When I asked my recruiter about it, she said that I must be here to fly out. She specifically mentioned not being able to drive there. I am not sure if it was just for the compensation aspect but it was definatly frowned upon.

I've been merit listed since december I hope they need a V-tech soon lol

WTShields said:
Fly out of Edmonton on March 06 aswell, SIG OP.

I was talking about going to visit family in Ottawa area  then go to St.jean on my own.
When I asked my recruiter about it, she said that I must be here to fly out. She specifically mentioned not being able to drive there. I am not sure if it was just for the compensation aspect but it was definatly frowned upon.
is that so? a shame, my parents wanted to dive me down seeing as how i live in montreal and it's a short drive there. i'll ask when i'm getting sworn in to see if that's the case.

I can see them not wanting someone to drive to St. Jean from such a distance, particularly in the winter time.  What if you hit weather and have to hole up somewhere for a period of time?  What if you just simply misjudge how long it will take you to drive there?  Either way, you're not there for your course and they've wasted a position.  Not to mention, airfare has got to be cheaper by far.

Check with your CFRC before making any plans.

I am flying out from Newfoundland on March 6th for my course, my course is scheduled to start on March 8th.  RMS Clerk Air.  See you in St. Jean :)

RMSC_481 said:
I am flying out from Newfoundland on March 6th for my course, my course is scheduled to start on March 8th.  RMS Clerk Air.  See you in St. Jean :)

....and yet another Maritimer! See ya there!

Just got the call about 2 weeks ago, getting merit listed on Feb 11th and BMQ starts on March 1st!!!  Going into SigOps as well so based on the posts...I guess we won't be waiting that long for our SQ training at all.  Can't wait to get there and get started!! 
Does anyone that's scheduled for training soon have a copy of the kit list that we need to bring and the restricted items list?...Just want to get an early start on it so I've got everything ready to go.

march first as well, sig ops as well. hope to see you there. :nod:

MBizzo said:
Does anyone that's scheduled for training soon have a copy of the kit list that we need to bring and the restricted items list?...Just want to get an early start on it so I've got everything ready to go.

Your best bet is to wait and buy it at the canex in the Mega when you get there, theres a lot of things on that list that you don't actually need.  They will give you a pay advance if you need it to buy all the kit that you require :)  Its up to yourself though, if you would feel more prepared buying it before hand then have at er.  As far as the list goes it should come with your recruiting package, if you haven't recieved it yet maybe give your recruiter a shout and he/she can send it to you.

forumdood007 said:
Anybody scheduled for Feb/March yet? I'm told I will likely be in that timeframe. Apparently inches from being merit listed here.

I was told during my interview last week that there were 13 spots left for my trade. 1 Day later there were 3. Things seem to be filling up fast! My guess is, if you haven't been told already, you're not going to hit basic till May.

Then again... I could be wrong.

PMedMoe said:
I can see them not wanting someone to drive to St. Jean from such a distance, particularly in the winter time.  What if you hit weather and have to hole up somewhere for a period of time?  What if you just simply misjudge how long it will take you to drive there?  Either way, you're not there for your course and they've wasted a position.  Not to mention, airfare has got to be cheaper by far.

To Clarify, They don't want people driving across the counrty. as noted above.

I am coming from london sig ops. I find out tomorrow when i swear in.

Back