• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Federal Government & Union spar over returning to office

Yep. I worked there at Carling just before the final curtain. I was with the IT security group at the time. We told our bosses it was a bad idea having tons of Chinese students working there, and all of the Chinese "delegations" touring, but the Chinese were throwing $ around like they were at a stipper pole and Nortel Executives ate it up.

Outsourcing production to China was also not the smartest choice (made by other companies as well - right, JDS?)

So much for breaking the Ottawa bubble. Those unwashed masses in the regions don't know anything anyways ...
One course on how government works I took (in Ottawa, of course) had one instructor (who'd worked in both HQ and regional offices of a department) saying HQ liked to call regional office bosses "warlords," so I'm not surprised at Head Shed hesitancy about encouraging teams whose members come from different parts of the federation. #CentreKnowsBest

In other news, how not to make friends with the neighbours?
This from PSAC's Instagram feed ...
1726090197283.png

PSAC is making a mistaking by targeting the wrong people. But unions generally do that…
Yes and no. Pressure from downtown business wanting PS lunch bucks leads to pressure from City Hall, which leads to pressure of the government located in that city.

When downtown businesses started pushing that a couple of years back I started spending less downtown.

Back