• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Federal Government & Union spar over returning to office

And that's during the day time...
Downtown Winnipeg is fine most times of the day in most areas. Avoid Higgins and Princess while wearing gang colours at 2 AM and statistically you're completely fine. Almost all violent crime in Winnipeg is gang on gang or (unfortunately) intimate partner crime, particularly in the lower income areas, which starts a whole new website about income inequality, lack of opportunity for poor youth, etc.

One course on how government works I took (in Ottawa, of course) had one instructor (who'd worked in both HQ and regional offices of a department) saying HQ liked to call regional office bosses "warlords," so I'm not surprised at Head Shed hesitancy about encouraging teams whose members come from different parts of the federation. #CentreKnowsBest

In other news, how not to make friends with the neighbours?
This from PSAC's Instagram feed ...
View attachment 87923
Good ole fashioned arrogance. I surely didn't expect that from Ottawa PS haha.

Machete attack?

Yup. Killed one, maimed another. The suspect had 60 prior convictions and was on probation at the time.

This is not going down well in the immediate pre-election period for the BC NDP, nor should it. They've destroyed the cities, pretty much.

Yup. Killed one, maimed another. The suspect had 60 prior convictions and was on probation at the time.

This is not going down well in the immediate pre-election period for the BC NDP, nor should it. They've destroyed the cities, pretty much.
I read it was more like 60 prior police interactions, but yeah- a significant number of those were for violence that put him in front of a judge a number of times, where he would either get released with conditions or sentenced to probation.

It is not great.

Back