• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finally my componet transfer is getting somewhere.

D

D-n-A

I started my componet transfer in early November 2004, an I haven't heard anything about it untill now, May 16th. Doing my CFAT test on the 18th, once I get that done I'll be schelduled for the other tests an interview.

Hopefully I won't take to long now to get everything done, an get my job offer for the Regs.

I'm applying for 011 Armour.

Thanks Nitz

CFAT is now done, I passed it an qualifed for Armour, now I have to wait a week for my medical file to come in an schedule an appointment for my medical an interview.

I also started my CT in November 2004, and Ive had testing on the 16th, and 26th, and now am waiting for my medical docs to show up, only problem is they are already two weeks late, since i was supposed to have my medical on the 16th, and then on the 26th, both cancelled the morning of the test.  I hope you don't end up having the same problems getting your medical files, but since I also live on the west coast, you probally are just as screwed.  Good luck getting everything done, and if you could post back if your files arrived, id be very thankful.

Yea, my medical files are taking awhile to get to the CFRC too, so far its been 3 weeks since the CFRC requested them, I was first told it would only take a week...  ah well.

quick question, why do you need to redo all the test even currently in Res F?

Because my tests 2-3 years ago so there not current anymore.

Well the CFRC now has my medical file, only the earliest they can do my medical is next week, which won't work out since I'll be at CFB Borden/CFSAL. So my file is being sent to a CFRC in Ontario, I'm guessing/hoping its the CFRC Det in Barrie. This way I'll be able to complete my testing while I'm doing my course.

I almost had to get my medical booked in calgary, but luckily for me, my course doesnt start untill the 4th of July So i was able to book my medical for the 20th of June.  Well I hope your file gets to Ontario safely.

I was thinking of going through a component transfer a little later in my reserve career.  I want to eventually get to reg force armoured.

My question was, do you have to go through basic again?  How about your reade course?

How exactly does a CT work?

yeah boys im goin 011 armoured from my understanding the offers for this trade willl be handed out july 18th hopefuly see some of you guys in gagetown. by the way which regiment would you prefer to get into the straths of the dragoons?

reade course? As for the basic, you can try to get a Recruit School by-pass, have to talk to your career counselor about it though at CFRC.

To do a Componet Transfer(this is how it went for me), write a memo saying you want to do a componet transfer to whatever trade an send it up your chain of command. Eventually your get a componet transfer application that lists your info(name, rank, SN, trade(s) you want, etc) an you sign it an your BOR sends it off to the CFRC. CFRC does their thing with it than calls you to set up appointments to do your testing. Thats as far as I'am right now, but I'm assuming after you do all your tests an CFRC does what they need to do you wait for a call telling you when your starting/leaving for courses, etc.

Benoit, I'm applying for the Strats.

Ive done my interview already, in regards to Recruit School by pass you have to have 100 days of class B time, according to the recruiters handbook.  I dont know about by passing other courses, since that didnt apply to me.

Bob the builder said:
Ive done my interview already, in regards to Recruit School by pass you have to have 100 days of class B time, according to the recruiters handbook.   I dont know about by passing other courses, since that didnt apply to me.

What recruiters handbook actually states:

RSBP

Applicant has completed 56 - 179 days class B and/or C service and has been
released from the P Res for less than one year and applying for any MOC, unless
granted skilled status.

Skilled

Applicant has been released from the PRes for less than five years as
a Cpl or higher and applying for the same MOC. File will be forwarded
to the appropriate MA/School to determine skilled status. If not
considered skilled, then RSBP.

Wierd, why does it say for "skilled" that it has to be the same MOC?  BMQ is BMQ, no matter where you are going afterwords....

Infanteer said:
Wierd, why does it say for "skilled" that it has to be the same MOC?   BMQ is BMQ, no matter where you are going afterwords....

Huh?  Because if you were applying for a different MOC then you would be RSBP.

What does "skilled" status allow person to do, skip Recruit School as well?

Infanteer said:
What does "skilled" status allow person to do, skip Recruit School as well?

You are starting to scare me.

An applicant determined to be skilled can skip BMQ and at least QL3 and can be posted to a position immediately.

Ahh...okay - I was confused.  I thought, since the discussion was on by-passing St Jean, that "skilled" and "RSPB" pertained only to BMQ.  Gotcha now.

Updates as to what's been going on

My file has been transfered from CFRC Vancouver to CFRC Det Edmonton (I moved to Edmonton recently), an now my PT Test is booked tomarrow(Aug 26) at Edmonton Garrison.

Back