• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fire Control Technicians

ghazise

Inactive
Reaction score
I am looking for a counter part to discuss Fire Control Equipment, in particular

-Test equipment for the Coyote FC
-Boresight and Snyc Prodedures for the Coyote
-TOW test equipment

And everything else Fire Control 

Good evening,

I am a Fire Control System tech in the CF.

I am qualified in the Coyote and LAV APC FC Systems and have experiance playing with/fixing it.

What would you like to know?

If you ask a question I can't  ??? ??? ??? answer, or "can't"  :-X :-X :-X answer I will let you know.

MCpl D. Robinson-Vincent
LFWA TC.

2FtOnion said:
I am looking for a counter part to discuss Fire Control Equipment, in particular

-TOW test equipment

Well, I'm the other end of the spectrum, Im FCS and starting off, still awaiting SQ.

For you experienced guys out there, I've got a bunch of questions if you have the patience to answer them...

Any idea where I can expect to be posted? I'd like to stay in the Barrie/Borden area after my training, just wondering if this is at all possible.
Are there any online information sources for FCS techs? I have all kinds of questions that I wouldnt want to bother you with....
Where are you posted, and what's it like, from day to day?

Sorry, I know these are open ended questions, just looking for an idea of what I can expect in the future.
Thanks for your time,
mrosseker

Hi guys.. i'm a soon-to-be FCS tech and I also would like to know what it is like.. I mean, during "normal" days what does it look like in terms of work? I know, i know, i'll soon find out but I can't wait!  ;)

Cheers!

good day,  Just given the call after 389 days starting BMQ Feb 20. ;D ;D

I was given a poet by-pass due to my 12 years of civvie work in R&D and field tech telecom  and a college diploma in electronics and am slated for QL3 in OCT.  I was pumped up( still am), now I am a little nervous not going to POET, as its been awhile since I was in a classroom, do any of you BTDT's have any suggestions that will help out.  I am already into the old college books and have bought about 6 books on electronics and college physics and been doing the math in them, getting back into that mode of thinking.  I have also been doing alot of work with HW developers and test engineers at civvie job.  Is there anything else you would suggest.

looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.

respect
FITSUMO

Fitsumo

When(if) you get to PRETC ask for the POET pre course package they don't hand it out any more but they still have it in the QM

it consists of 4 books
Math
DC
AC
Digital

They got me through the first 3 months of Kingston the remainder of POET was fault finding/signal tracing which I hope you have a firm grasp of.
I am currently waiting for my QL3 so no tips on what to expect there

lol.. i just got back from sq 2 days ago and im leaving for poet today... this means that I wont have time to do the pre-poet course but well.. its optionnal as they said. I cant wait to see how its going in kingston!

Cheers!

FITSUMO said:
good day,   Just given the call after 389 days starting BMQ Feb 20. ;D ;D

I was given a poet by-pass due to my 12 years of civvie work in R&D and field tech telecom  and a college diploma in electronics and am slated for QL3 in OCT.  I was pumped up( still am), now I am a little nervous not going to POET, as its been awhile since I was in a classroom, do any of you BTDT's have any suggestions that will help out.  I am already into the old college books and have bought about 6 books on electronics and college physics and been doing the math in them, getting back into that mode of thinking.  I have also been doing alot of work with HW developers and test engineers at civvie job.  Is there anything else you would suggest.

looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.

respect
FITSUMO

Sure, I would suggest BEER; most of the POET qualified technicians are fully familiar with it's benefits towards nervousness, since it was readily available in both Kingston and Borden.
Homer Simspon also endorses it as a temporary solution to most problems as well.
now drop those books and Carry On Soldier!
:salute:

EME-Glen said:
Sure, I would suggest BEER; most of the POET qualified technicians are fully familiar with it's benefits towards nervousness, since it was readily available in both Kingston and Borden.
Homer Simspon also endorses it as a temporary solution to most problems as well.
now drop those books and Carry On Soldier!
:salute:

Agreed. Tequila works well too.

2FtOnion said:

-TOW test equipment

We're here for you.  Most of us with TI have all those courses and have fought the same problems with that kit.  Discovering loose bushings in the sight head, changing the fuse on A22, etc.

Back