• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

-first post ever- hope you guys can provide some insight!

JMei001

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys! So a friend and I have been looking to get into forces by this summer, I wrote an email for some information but wanted to get some community insight in :salute:
This should basically sum up all my questions:

"Hello,
I'm seeking some information regarding part-time employment in the primary reserves as a medical assistant, as it's been hard to find some concrete information. I was informed today that the Forces will be hiring as of April for the above mentioned position. If so, when I apply, is it possible I will be able to do my BMQ, and BMQ - Land, this summer?
Thank you."

In short, when reapplying in April as soon as positions open up, is it a realistic to get selected for the BMQ + Land for the summer?

P.S I've been through the beginning of the application process already with the Black Watch, 2 years ago. Took them 7-9 months to get back to me, since they weren't hiring at the time.

Thanks everyone!!!  :camo:

What city are you in? If you are still in the Montreal area, 51 Field Ambulance can be reached at 514-283-8428. Otherwise let me know which city you live in, and I'll see if I can dig up the number or email for the nearest Field Ambulance.

As for getting through the process in time for BMQ & BMQ Land this summer that's hard to predict due to the number of variables involved.

I'm in Montreal! I was at the 51st HQ last night and they're the ones who told me they'll be hiring for assistants again in April, I was just curious if it's realistic to make the BMQ for this summer, any tips?!

Welcome to Army.ca, JMei001.

There is much discussion about such things here already. Please take the time to explore older threads on this Site and try the Search Function. This saves others' valuable time repeating earlier answers, saves DS the effort of merging threads of repetitive questions and answers, saves new people the effort of wading through them, and rewards you by providing answers to other questions before you even think of them.

And good luck...

JMei001 said:
I'm in Montreal! I was at the 51st HQ last night and they're the ones who told me they'll be hiring for assistants again in April, I was just curious if it's realistic to make the BMQ for this summer, any tips?!

It sounds as though you are on the right track by speaking with 51 Fd Amb first!.  Even though they have indicated they will not be hiring until April, you should probably at least get your online application submitted and start studying for the CFAT, unless you have already written that.  When they say they are hiring again in Apr, you need to have your processing already underway or you will miss the bus.

Full-time Reserve BMQ's will usually start in Jun/Jul.  If you wait until Apr to apply, your processing most likely won't be completed in time to make any of those courses.

Back