• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

***FLASH*** Aussie SF WIA in AFG

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Shared IAW the usual, etc....

My first reaction to this was the men from my own Unit who are there right now, but it is the SF blokes who were wounded.

Nothing yet on the carnage they created on the other end  ;D

Hope they recover soon.

Wes

---------------------
Diggers injured in Taliban ambush
Monday Aug 6 12:00 AEST

By ninemsn staff

Two special forces soldiers have been wounded in a gunfight with Taliban fighters in southern Afghanistan.

One of the soldiers was evacuated to a hospital in Germany with serious injuries.

"He is in a stable condition and responding very well to treatment. We expect him to return to Australia in the near future," Brigadier Andrew Nikolic said in a statement.

The other soldier suffered "superficial" injuries in the ambush and was treated at the scene.

The soldiers were wounded when Taliban fighters fired on their patrol in Oruzgan Province last month.

"[The patrol] responded immediately with proportionate force," Brigadier Nikolic said," and it was during this engagement that one of our soldiers was injured."

"In the same incident, another soldier received superficial wounds, which were treated at the scene."

Both soldiers' families have been notified.

"[The patrol] responded immediately with proportionate force"
I think thats diplomatic talk for "F***ed Shit up!".
Hope he's alright and i hope the boys really stuffed up Terry Taliban's day. I've no doubt that they did.

with proportionate force.... from SF guys:
How do you say.... the place was levelled?

Get well soon to the troops!

In case anyone wants it.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=284011

Back