• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

the people of Ottawa already pay their taxes. Whey donate to fund?
Because they love the city :)
It’s a mix. Bathrooms are normally open in most places like Tim’s, McDonalds the rideau Center, etc. City hall, a lot of the plazas have public washrooms.
I guess there wasn't a washroom problem after all.

It would be nice to see Ottawa catch up to Europe in terms of public washrooms as stand alone structures.

It would be nice to see Ottawa catch up to Europe in terms of public washrooms as stand alone structures.
That's one thing Victoria gets right. There are public washrooms in every park, municipal building and library. The Galloping Goose and E&N Bikeways also have bathrooms all along their routes.

Give me a break. People are donating where it matters. Food bank, shepherds, the Bronson Center. Donations are all up in those areas and Ottawa has always been generous to those groups. Pointing to this go fund me some rando started as a measure of Ottawa and the people in it is dumb.

There is when they are all shut down because of protesters/occupiers.

The weather is the issue. But Ottawa has always had a public washroom issue. But people taking dumps on the street is not normal nor acceptable.

That's one thing Victoria gets right. There are public washrooms in every park, municipal building and library. The Galloping Goose and E&N Bikeways also have bathrooms all along their routes.
The weather allows for that in Victoria though. There are public washrooms in most public access buildings like libraries and city hall. But forget getting year round bathroom access in most parks and bike trails.

Makes one wonder why the Republicans are so damn interested in what's happening to the GFM donations.
I suspect it's similar to why so many Canadians care about the Republicans and Democrats, they are worried whether "their side" is losing or winning a fight.

Why not go all in and ask about what the Russians and Chinese think of it as well?

I suspect it's similar to why so many Canadians care about the Republicans and Democrats, they are worried whether "their side" is losing or winning a fight.

Why not go all in and ask about what the Russians and Chinese think of it as well?

Hey, if people can believe that the GFM was suspended just based on the location of their HQ, I can question why someone is so interested in the money now that the fund has been suspended when no one was interested in where the money was going before. Just speculation.

Hey, if people can believe that the GFM was suspended just based on the location of their HQ, I can question why someone is so interested in the money now that the fund has been suspended when no one was interested in where the money was going before. Just speculation.
Seems speculation is limited to one side lol.

But yes, seems odd.

The question about where the money was supposed to go was answered after the first suspension of the fund... People had to claim it with receipts, and the rest would go to a veterans charity.

Was there potential for people to make fraudulent claims, and squirrel money away for other purposes? Yes. Does that potential exist with every GoFundMe? Yes.

Does it seem odd that GoFundMe suspended the convoy protest, while allowing the CHAZ/CHOP protest? Yes. Is the politics of the company a likely contributing reason for the difference? Yes. Is it the only possible reason? No.

Like in all things, there are multiple facets to this, but politics has limited it to my tribe vs. your tribe. GoFundMe has chosen to take political sides, after making good money off the protest supporters, they should expect political backlash. If they didn't want to get into politics, they should have avoided entering the arena.

Give me a break. People are donating where it matters. Food bank, shepherds, the Bronson Center. Donations are all up in those areas
I haven't been able to find anything online supporting that.

Pointing to this go fund me some rando started as a measure of Ottawa and the people in it is dumb.
Fair point. I'll wait to see articles about Ottawa residents coming together to support each other and increases in donations.

But people taking dumps on the street is not normal nor acceptable.
Have the protestors been shitting in the streets?

I haven't been able to find anything online supporting that.

Fair point. I'll wait to see articles about Ottawa residents coming together to support each other and increases in donations.
FD2796A6-FA60-4949-A5F4-22CC5F9C45E6.jpeg

Have the protestors been shitting in the streets?
People only look for what they want not what is actually out there. This was widely circulated

Yes they have been shitting in the streets.

News flash, there is someone shitting in the streets in every city right now.
News Flash: Normal city waste (dogs, bird, raccoon, homeless) is handled by the infrastructure for the normal carrying capacity of the area. Extra on top strains that infrastructure and can lead to problems.

Back