• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Next FY Ottawa Police are likely going to face significant push to cut their budget; if they couldn't read open source information that explained exactly what was going to happen and prepare appropriately... well, I'm expecting a new police chief to go along with the replacement for the Mayor that's already on the books (the incumbent isn't running).
The organizers were touting "fifty thousand trucks and half a million people!" Meanwhile the police and the media continually downplayed the numbers an minimized the scope of this protest right up until the trucks started rolling in nine days ago. All the while the organizers were saying "hold my beer". Now, emboldened by what they were able to accomplish in Ottawa, copycat protests have sprung up nationwide. This could be held out as a law enforcement intelligence and PR failure of significant magnitude.

The organizers were touting "fifty thousand trucks and half a million people!" Meanwhile the police and the media continually downplayed the numbers an minimized the scope of this protest right up until the trucks started rolling in nine days ago. All the while the organizers were saying "hold my beer". Now, emboldened by what they were able to accomplish in Ottawa, copycat protests have sprung up nationwide. This could be held out as a law enforcement intelligence and PR failure of significant magnitude.
And to make things worse, a police chief who keeps saying he can’t deal with it.

There are internal dynamics of OPS as well; between intimate partner assault, bribery, threats of violence, workplace physical and sexual harassment... the chief of the OPS inherited an organization where his predecessors ignored and tacitly endorsed foundational erosion of professional standards. His attempts at minor change have been resisted by the old guard within the OPS, creating an untenable situation at the best of times.

Keep in mind, this Freedom Convoy is a variation of the massive anti vaccine mandates protests that have been doting major European capitals for months. Nobody heard about them in Canada and the US for obvious narrative reasons. There are now European and Australian truck convoys planned, so no matter how many times the media and government calls them racist, it isn't going to stop until the mandates are gone.

Next FY Ottawa Police are likely going to face significant push to cut their budget; if they couldn't read open source information that explained exactly what was going to happen and prepare appropriately.

Is $800,000 a day this was apparently costing for police normal for an event like this?

There are internal dynamics of OPS as well; between intimate partner assault, bribery, threats of violence, workplace physical and sexual harassment... the chief of the OPS inherited an organization where his predecessors ignored and tacitly endorsed foundational erosion of professional standards. His attempts at minor change have been resisted by the old guard within the OPS, creating an untenable situation at the best of times.
Has OPS tried OP HONOUR? 🤔

It's interesting that the people who used the "under siege" rhetoric are now the ones imposing siege like conditions on others... How long until the OPS start launching dead protester bodies onto Wellington St. to try to spread diseases? :ROFLMAO:

Before anyone get's all offended, I am joking.

Though I wonder how long it will be until cold related injuries start happening in the protest if people feel they can't leave for fear of arrest, and can't get food, water, or gas.

It's interesting that the people who used the "under siege" rhetoric are now the ones imposing siege like conditions on others... How long until the OPS start launching dead protester bodies onto Wellington St. to try to spread diseases? :ROFLMAO:

Before anyone get's all offended, I am joking.

Though I wonder how long it will be until cold related injuries start happening in the protest if people feel they can't leave for fear of arrest, and can't get food, water, or gas.
The Romans used to siege those that sieged them.

They could ask the homeless how they cope without fuel and food. I mean the occupiers already have public urinating and defecation down pat and they know where the shepperds of good hope is so I imagine they’ll manage.

All kidding aside I hope the police actually keep enforcement up. Looks like they will be ticketing vehicles every 4 hours now.

The Romans used to siege those that sieged them.

They could ask the homeless how they cope without fuel and food. I mean the occupiers already have public urinating and defecation down pat and they know where the shepperds of good hope is so I imagine they’ll manage.

All kidding aside I hope the police actually keep enforcement up. Looks like they will be ticketing vehicles every 4 hours now.
Better warn the OPS, I get the feeling the Chief is no Julius Caesar.... Likely better for his long-term health actually. :unsure:

Back