• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Really? Is that necessary?
No, you're right. People defending the oppression of others gets me rather heated. I'll edit it, thank you.

However the latter one I'll leave up since he's insinuated I support a Fascist AFD despite every other comment being the opposite. That one he deserves.

I'm here to defend liberty for all. My fiancée is a half Arabian that escaped Saudi Arabia you ignorant shitstain. You seem to be here to only defend liberty for one political thinking. I'd hate to see you enforcing laws. Be a better citizen and take your politically biased extremist views elsewhere.
Kickingsause........you're new, we don't debate like that here. Debate, don't name call....

"Profanity is the inability of a feeble mind to fully express itself."
Bruce
Army.ca Staff

It's always a mistake to assume that people who voted for a party necessarily agree with all of its deplorable positions. (Should be obvious from the number of times voting-for-least-objectionable surfaces in discussions on this site.) "Germany for Germans" might be all that motivates many of them; that would of course align them with anti-Islamic planks but not necessarily with a Holocaust denial plank.

It's important to be careful about understanding exactly what is going on given the numbers of people supporting that party. A problem can't be fixed by those who don't understand it.
Did I at any point say that those germans shared every single belief of the AFD? I simply said that people voted for a party that is openly Islamophobic and doesn't think the Holocaust was that big a deal.

Why they voted that way is up for the debate, but the AFD pretty open about what they are about.

Kickingsause........you're new, we don't debate like that here. Debate, don't name call....

"Profanity is the inability of a feeble mind to fully express itself."
Bruce
Army.ca Staff
You're right. I take offence to being called a Nazi supporter when I'm a strict Libertarian with a half Arab fiancée. The same type of person that the AFD hates. Boils my blood, but I should refrain from profanities, thank you. Also love that quote, so another reason to listen to it haha!

Really??? That ice you're on is getting thinner.
I can point, and have pointed to many a post that are not to snuff with the rules posted here.

Not many are taken down, so I have come to my own conclusions as to why that may be.

If talking about that is a bannable offense, let me know.

I can point, and have pointed to many a post that are not to snuff with the rules posted here.

Not many are taken down, so I have come to my own conclusions as to why that may be.
Of course you have.........

Did I at any point say that those germans shared every single belief of the AFD? I simply said that people voted for a party that is openly Islamophobic and doesn't think the Holocaust was that big a deal.

Why they voted that way is up for the debate, but the AFD pretty open about what they are about.
Actually, you called them Nazi sympathizers, which is a bombastically categorical gaslight…but your beloved leader is an extremely skilled gaslighter, so your admiration clearly fogs your ability to balance gaslighting others with admiration of communist dictatorship…but keep doing you (within the confines of the Site Guidelines, of course).

1648241763463.gif

Actually, you called them Nazi sympathizers, which is a bombastically categorical gaslight…but your beloved leader is an extremely skilled gaslighter, so your admiration clearly fogs your ability to balance gaslighting others with admiration of communist dictatorship…but keep doing you (within the confines of the Site Guidelines, of course).

View attachment 69703
I called members of the AfD nazi sympathizers, not the German voting public. Unless I'm missing something. Can you please pull up where I said that the German voters who voted AfD are nazi sympathizers?

NO HE CAN'T! This thread has a topic and it's not Altair's Protest.

Anyone have anything about the actual "Freedom" convoy, or it's aftermath, to add???

Can we split the bun fight into a separate thread in the Politics forum??

This thread is probably a good enough place to have the bun fight. The whole protest and its aftermath are basically a bun fight. People angry about something who protested, versus people who couldn't stand the sight of them protesting and, like Argus Filch, want to see some punishment.

The Prime Minister sounded like he was paraphrasing Hitler when he was talking about the Freedom Convoy and Canadians with wrong opinions, and should they be tolerated or not etc.. But yes I agree those AdF sound like idiots.

Altair said:
The anti-immigration Alternative for Germany (AfD) said on Sunday Islam is not compatible with the German constitution and vowed to press for bans on minarets and burqas at its party congress in two weeks’ time.

The Anti-immigration party. That sounds like the political party you voted for in the last two elections doesn't it? What's the difference between you voting for a party who views themselves as anti-immigration and a German voting for an anti-immigration party?

They are elected members of parliament, however they are on the fringe. Making up less than 10 percent across all countries in a system that uses PR
Sure. They're still members of parliament for the EU, where Trudeau was giving his do as I say not as I do speech.

They also went after Macron saying that vaccine mandates were Capital punishment. Was it his ego as well?
Did Macron try to brag and attempt to pat himself on the back for invoking some kind of highly debated and questionable Emergency Act in France?

He got called out by those who think vaccine mandates are capital punishment, that Islam is not German or European, and that the holocaust memorial is a monument of shame.
Those are some pretty dumb views.

Its as if Trudeau got called out by a member of the KKK. Would we care in that context? No.

Again, the fact that I am needing to say that it's not a good idea to be seriously considering the words of a member of AFD is honestly depressing.
It's not scientific to dismiss something simply based on who the author is. You're obviously inclined to pick and choose who you feel is worth listening to, of course.

The Prime Minister sounded like he was paraphrasing Hitler when he was talking about the Freedom Convoy and Canadians with wrong opinions, and should they be tolerated or not etc.. But yes I agree those AdF sound like idiots.

The Anti-immigration party. That sounds like the political party you voted for in the last two elections doesn't it? What's the difference between you voting for a party who views themselves as anti-immigration and a German voting for an anti-immigration party?

Sure. They're still members of parliament for the EU, where Trudeau was giving his do as I say not as I do speech.

Did Macron try to brag and attempt to pat himself on the back for invoking some kind of highly debated and questionable Emergency Act in France?

Those are some pretty dumb views.

It's not scientific to dismiss something simply based on who the author is. You're obviously inclined to pick and choose who you feel is worth listening to, of course.
I would like to respond but out of respect for @Bruce Monkhouse, post #4212 , I will refrain from making any post not directly related to the Freedom convoy and its aftermath.

Anyways…the ADF MEP would be like Randy Hillier calling out the PM of New Zealand over her COVID mandates and lockdowns after she spoke to the Ontario legislature.

It’s a nothing burger but some people will cling to it to legitimize their own opinions on it.

3 fringe MEPs coming out and making statements is not “European leaders scold Trudeau over EA”.

This is why this isn’t that much I terms of news but it makes haters happy.

I would like to respond but out of respect for @Bruce Monkhouse, post #4212 , I will refrain from making any post not directly related to the Freedom convoy and its aftermath.
I'd like to think that discussing the Prime Minister trying to score political points on the back of the Freedom Convoy on the world stage is relatable but we can definitely bring it back to an in Canada discussion.

I look forward to hearing how supporting an anti-immigration party is different when you do it; the Liberal thread perhaps?

Back