• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Actually manufacturers like Pfizer have stated that it "may be effective" not that it was. Defining effectiveness is left to the imagination of the beholder.
Multimillion dollar company who gets multi hundred million dollar contract from friend JT. Yup it works. Yet many if not most caught the virus after getting vaccinated.

Those who did not get the vaccines caught the virus and had the same or very similar reactions as those who got the vaccine. Except they did not run the risk of enlarged hearts, breathing issues etc.

Defining effectiveness is not in "imagination of the beholder". We have science for that:

CDC:
In terms of benefits, the available data from RCTs demonstrated that, compared with placebo, vaccination was associated with a lower risk of symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 (relative risk [RR] 0.09, 95% confidence interval [CI] 0.07–0.11; evidence type 1), hospitalization due to COVID-19 (RR 0.02; 95% CI 0.00–0.12; evidence type 2), and death due to COVID-19 (RR 0.17, 95% CI 0.02–1.39; evidence type 2).

I was just a casual news coverage observer, but I don't recall seeing a single visibly Sikh in any of the images. That must have been a MSM conspiracy to only show white folk.

300 Coventry Road. Objectively, there was a lot of potential danger there based on some of the individuals who were hanging out, and things they had said.
I'm not tracking the specifics but I'd believe it. That said (and not being a butwhataboutbilly) a UHaul truck has the potential danger to take out 100 people in seconds. Every one of those semi-trucks were a potential WMD in my opinion. There were potentially dangerous things everywhere.

If 300 Coventry road was as dangerous as it sounds, it seems counter productive to just scare them away with no arrests and little fan fare.

One would think it's important for public safety (and scrutney) to know that a shadowy cabal of para-military organized baddies set up a head quarters inside a cordon. And know what the government and police are doing about it.

Sorry if that "triggered" you, Jarnhamar.

And yes, I do believe, "The police re-taking control of the streets was righteous." Metro Police horses and all.

You posted a picture of a child. What point are YOU trying to make?

The children of the ‘Freedom Convoy’: Kids with protesting parents complicate police response

For Leuprecht, from the Royal Military College, that amounts to using children as human shields.

OTTAWA — They’re a defining feature of the self-styled “Freedom Convoy”: Children. And they’re a major concern for Canadian authorities trying to end the weeks-long standoff that has paralyzed the capital.

But government officials and police say an illegal “siege” with car fumes and combustible fuel and that contains extremist elements is no place for kids — and vastly complicates their response to the crisis.

Police are prioritizing the “safest way to have children removed from the area prior to any sort of police action,” interim police chief Steve Bell said Thursday. He called the demonstrations “not a good place for children to be.”

The stakes rose this week when Trudeau invoked Canada’s Emergencies Act. The regulations bar bringing minors to unlawful demonstrations.

As police officers handed out fliers this week warning protesters to disperse or face arrest, the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa urged parents to make “alternate arrangements” in case they were “unable to care for their children following potential police action.”

The challenges and consequences of how Canada handles these protests and the children within them are immense.
The urban blockade set up by civilians — some with far-right and extremist ties — encompasses large swaths of the downtown core. No one wants to be responsible for images of police violence and children, which could galvanize support for protesters and radical movements.

“It is a dangerous and volatile environment that they are in,” said Barbara Perry, a criminology professor at Ontario Tech University. “And it’s exploitative [by the convoy] of the kids to prey on the public’s sympathy.”

One cannot underestimate how the presence of children — more than the fear some protesters might be armed — has paralyzed any tactical police response” in Ottawa, Canadian journalist Glen McGregor tweeted. “I don’t know how they get the kids out without scalding images of their removal.”

Police, accused of taking too lax an approach to a protest that authorities have said is illegal, have cited the presence of children — and fears for their safety — as one reason they’ve been unable to resolve the crisis.

Authorities worry that the vehicle fumes, loud horns, extreme cold and highly combustible jerrycans of fuel pose serious dangers. The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa received “ongoing reports … regarding child welfare concerns,” police said last week.

For Leuprecht, from the Royal Military College, that amounts to using children as human shields.

It is clearly an effort to instrumentalize children for the purposes of political protest and to hamper police enforcement of the occupation,”
he said.

And yes, I do believe, "The police re-taking control of the streets was righteous." Metro Police horses and all.

I'm sure he's pointing out that you're attempting to dehumanize protestors you ideologically disagree with, which is a disgusting tactic and not fit for adult debate. I'm sure there's a Voltaire quote that's a good fit, maybe you can Google it.

But please, post more news articles that passive aggresively highlight random passages in it to somehow think you're actually contributing independent, intelligent thought here.

I'm sure he's pointing out that you're attempting to dehumanize protestors you ideologically disagree with, which is a disgusting tactic and not fit for adult debate.

Funny you were not "triggered" by the original post.

Offended by it? Do an R2M.

All they care about was that the trash was finally taken out.

Also see

But really my friend, no need for fake apologies or passive-aggressive jabs.

You still didn't answer my question. At least twice now in as many days you quoted Ranger Ray's comments about taking out the trash. The "trash" obviously being the protestors.

So are you just trying to support the notion that the protestors are trash or was there something deeper?

I'm trying to gauge who you think is trash.

What about these two?

11111.jpg

It's been well reported - with published sources - over these 277 pages that the South-Asian community - by and large - shunned the freedom community.

As someone who served on the front-line pointed out,
The convoy protests was super white.

R2M = Report to Moderator.

I'm not going to argue over the original poster's choice of words. Why don't you ask him?

The children of the ‘Freedom Convoy’: Kids with protesting parents complicate police response

OTTAWA — They’re a defining feature of the self-styled “Freedom Convoy”: Children. And they’re a major concern for Canadian authorities trying to end the weeks-long standoff that has paralyzed the capital.

But government officials and police say an illegal “siege” with car fumes and combustible fuel and that contains extremist elements is no place for kids — and vastly complicates their response to the crisis.

Police are prioritizing the “safest way to have children removed from the area prior to any sort of police action,” interim police chief Steve Bell said Thursday. He called the demonstrations “not a good place for children to be.”

The stakes rose this week when Trudeau invoked Canada’s Emergencies Act. The regulations bar bringing minors to unlawful demonstrations.

As police officers handed out fliers this week warning protesters to disperse or face arrest, the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa urged parents to make “alternate arrangements” in case they were “unable to care for their children following potential police action.”

The challenges and consequences of how Canada handles these protests and the children within them are immense.
The urban blockade set up by civilians — some with far-right and extremist ties — encompasses large swaths of the downtown core. No one wants to be responsible for images of police violence and children, which could galvanize support for protesters and radical movements.

“It is a dangerous and volatile environment that they are in,” said Barbara Perry, a criminology professor at Ontario Tech University. “And it’s exploitative [by the convoy] of the kids to prey on the public’s sympathy.”

One cannot underestimate how the presence of children — more than the fear some protesters might be armed — has paralyzed any tactical police response” in Ottawa, Canadian journalist Glen McGregor tweeted. “I don’t know how they get the kids out without scalding images of their removal.”

Police, accused of taking too lax an approach to a protest that authorities have said is illegal, have cited the presence of children — and fears for their safety — as one reason they’ve been unable to resolve the crisis.

Authorities worry that the vehicle fumes, loud horns, extreme cold and highly combustible jerrycans of fuel pose serious dangers. The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa received “ongoing reports … regarding child welfare concerns,” police said last week.

It is clearly an effort to instrumentalize children for the purposes of political protest and to hamper police enforcement of the occupation,”
he said.
Do you get just as "triggered" when lefty protestors have "Bring Your Kids to the Riots" day?

Last edited:
It's been well reported - with published sources - over these 277 pages that the South-Asian community - by and large - shunned the freedom community.

As someone who served on the front-line pointed out,
So it's just the white protestors we're talking about, roger that I'll move on.

Let's just burn the whole thread down then, clearly it's not going anywhere.
BIP it in place :D

So it's just the white protestors we're talking about, roger that I'll move on.

You posted the pic of two South-Asian men.

I pointed out what has been published, and posted.

And what a member who actually served on the front-line observed and reported.

I'll move on.

We'll see. :)

I should have been more clear that that might have been what a frustrated resident may have been feeling at the time, not what I was personally thinking. Not sure why someone else wanted to quote it so liberally.

My original point was that when the authorities don’t restore order and enforce the law, the aggrieved residents won’t care how it’s restored.

Back