• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

French Quagmire in the Ivory Coast?

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
M

MAJOR_Baker

The French have been given 24 hours to leave their former colony, the Ivory Coast. Will they be attacked as expected because of the ill will in the Ivory Coast against their former colonial masters?

While I was watching the News I heard chants of no BLOOD for Coffee on the TV! There are claims of excessive force by French Soldiers to break up protests in front of their fortress (no, not the Maginot Line).

I heard that the French were getting special packages that contained detailed instructions in how to handle the matter in the Ivory Coast.

howtosurrender3.jpg

That reminds me I‘m selling some French rifles if anyone wants them. Never fired and only dropped once. :p

I‘m here all day folks

I‘ve got a couple more for ya:

Q. How do you say "Give me liberty or give me death!" in French?
A. I give up.

Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?
A. Nobody knows. It‘s never been tried.

Q. What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up?
A. The French Army.

Q. Why was the Chunnel built under the English Channel?
A. So the French government could to flee to London.

Q: Did you hear about the new French tanks?
A: They have 5 gears...4 in reverse, and one forward gear just in case they‘re attacked from behind!

Q: Why don‘t they have fireworks at Euro Disney?
A: Because every time they shoot them off, the French try to surrender.

Q: Why do they have trees in Paris?
A: So the Germans can march in the shade instead of the sun

Q: Why is good to be French?
A: You can surrender at the beginning of the war, and US will win it for you.

Q: What is the first thing you are taught when joining the French army?
A: To say "I surrender" in German

Q: Why was Jesus not born in France?
A: Because they couldn’t find three wise men or a virgin.

Q: Did you hear about France‘s new weapons contracts?
A: They gave one to Ace Hardware to produce 250,000 wood sticks...they are still looking for a company to produce 250,000 little white flags.

Q: Where are the brave French soldiers buried?
A: There aren‘t any so they had to bury some of ours on their soil.

Oh man those are awesome! I am almost crying because I am laughing so hard!! :)

I wonder if the french would have fought harder if we joined the war eairlier.

After watching a history show the other day, (about the rainbow warrior) I just feel kind of ticked at the french - i am normally impartial.

Sure it was a greenpeace ship, but thinking you can bomb some defenceless little fishing boat and get away with it? - not to mention murdering somebody.

I don‘t see the honour :confused:

"We" as in Canada joined the war right at the outbreak in Sep ‘39 and have tales of early combat to prove it. It was the States that waited until Pearl Harbor in ‘41.

Gibson,
Maybe he meant earlier as in a week earlier. After all we did wait until Sept 10, 1939 to declare war against Germany and France and Britain declared war of September 3rd.

You can do a whole lot of surrendering in 7 days. :D :D :D

Ya that whole Maginot Line thing would have worked too if the Germans hadn‘t cheated and snuck around it
Unknown French General

I ment the americans but i didn‘t want to get the anti-american police after me.

That rainbow warrior stuff pissed me off too, what an utterly cowardly act.

Nice counter.

Do you think the states would have been justified getting involved eairlier? England sat on their hands for a while while germany took country after country. Only when they became threatened they entered the war (As far as i know?) Perhaps if we (and here i DO mean Canada Britian and the US) reacted to hitlers actions sooner we could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble. I‘ve always thought that if we would have stopped russia from training the germans and letting them use their tanks and planes (which was against the versalies treaty right?) the war would have been a lot different.

Don‘t bring Russia into this, I was born in the motherland.

Definition of a Canadian: Polite, unarmed American with healthcare.

Originally posted by jutes:
[qb] Don‘t bring Russia into this, I was born in the motherland.

Definition of a Canadian: Polite, unarmed American with healthcare. [/qb]
Of course we shouldn‘t bring it into this: after all, the way they treated the Afghanistan and Chechnya problems are exemplary...
Face it, Russia was one of last century‘s big problems; and with the way they dispose of their nuclear waste, they will more than likely cause some of the next century‘s biggest problems.

"Face it, Russia was one of last century‘s big problems"

Yeah ofcourse i remember now it was them who killed millions of innocent jews.

"they will more than likely cause some of the next century‘s biggest problems"

I very much doubt that. After the fall of communism, they are slowly becoming a powerful nation again.

[qb] "Face it, Russia was one of last century‘s big problems"

"they will more than likely cause some of the next century‘s biggest problems"

I very much doubt that. After the fall of communism, they are slowly becoming a powerful nation again. [/qb]
The only powerful thing in russia is the mafia.
Powerful nation ??? :D
The 20th century does not stop at WW2; it‘s the second half I‘m talking about: the spread of communism.

Forget it jungle, jutes knows more than you.

Ghost - doesn‘t your crotch ever get sore, from straddling the fence? :D

[qb] "Face it, Russia was one of last century‘s big problems"

[/qb]
Stalin actually murdered more of his own people than Hitler did; look at the starvation of the Ukrainians, the purge of his Army, etc., and etc. (Katyn is another good example).

Not that I wish to hold one up and say he was ‘worse‘ than the other, but it does sound like you are doing exactly that.

If i‘m walking down a field muskrat i‘ll walk on which ever side of the fence has the best ground.
Thats why my feet are always dry and I get to where im going first. Gotta chose your ground like choosing battles. ;)

Jutes that was pretty dumb. Don‘t bring russia into this because your from there? Not to play the what if game BUT if russia hadn‘t broke the versalies treaty and trained/equiped the russians maybe those jews wouldn‘t have died eh? Germany stopped their killing 50 years ago..

I was asking your honest opinion Major, your looking for sarcasim where there is none Sir. I honestly feel that all evil needs is for good men to do nothing. Why should america have gotten involved in the war? Well just like i said, maybe if they would have saw the growing evil of hitler and jumped in quicker things would have been different. maybe not. I understand it‘s easy for me (us) to sit here and debate decisions made by world leaders 50 years ago. Just a matter of opinion. I‘d really be interested to know though why you often seem hessitant to field your opinion?

"But, seriously, why should the US have gotten involved in a war since they were not attacked? Sound familiar? In many American‘s eyes it was an unjust war used to keep down the Germans! :p It seems to me that the Germans were fighting the British empire and not the US... :) "

Let‘s do a What if?
What if the U.S. had joined the War at the same time as Canada?

#-1 Shortened War?

#-2 No Concentration Camp‘s?

#-3 No Pearl Harbour?

#-4 No Nuke‘s?

#-5 No Cold War?

#-6 No Mid. East problem?

#-7 A reliable France?

Some good question‘s to ponder.

Back