• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Frustration!!!!

CDNBlackhawk

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is my rant.

I have been in the process for like 10 months now, I have completed everything that i have needed to be done. Scored The best score on the physical testing out of the group i did my physical with, 60 pushups, 49 sit ups. Did very well on the written test. I had to wait nearly 5 months for them to find my VFS, once they found they everything sped up. Did my medical and interview and the captain was going ahead and recomending me into the armed forces for 031 infantry. about 8 weeks ago they were sending away some security form and said it would take 4-6 weeks, i called back 4 weeks later and they got it back and everything was ok, they told me to wait another few weeks and call back to find out whats going on. I called back, they then tell me that my medical i did in Barrie was Incomplete because they had not yet recieved my previous Med Docs and told me to call back in a week! So i called back after speaking to three people for toronto they found out my Med Docs were In Ottawa and figured they would be arriving in Toronro very soon and that they would forward it to Barrie Office, But they wanted me to call back in a week, well I was goona call friday but forgot it was a Holiday, so i waited till monday and also forgot it was also a Holiday, I called three times today and left 2 messages, called at around 0900 hrs and and around 1300 hrs and left messages both those times.

I am really getting frusterated with all the screw ups that has been going on, If i was just an adverage guy who wanted to join the Armed forces i probably would have given up on it by now, But i really want this. I dont know what else to do, i am getting sick and tired of them telling me to call back because they dont know whats going on.

I need some suggestions, Possibly a name /Rank and Number for someone in Toronto for me to speak to that can help me get to the bottom of this.
their isnt much point calling Barrie for help, they just say, "well we could call, but all we be doing is the same thing you are if you called Toronto.

So if anyone has any ideas or the info i asked for please Post it or send me a PM if this forums allows that.....

Thanks.

The one MAJOR problem with any of the CFRCs is that they take forever to do anything. It doesn‘t really matter sometimes how good of a canidate you are.

All you can really do is keep on calling them and trying to find out everything that you can. I myself have been waiting for over three months now for my background check to be finished,so I know how you fell. Just keep at, it will be worth is in the end.

This site sees a lot of frustration similar to yours. It‘s a good thing you really want this, just keep up on it and you will get it. It‘s a ridiculous bureaucracy that can be even slower than this at times. I would say that the best thing to do is to keep working with the member that is handling your file and is your contact at the recruiting centre. Ask them to call, and if they say that again, ask them to give you a number, rank and name to call. Good luck.

You‘d think that with all the recruting problems CF has, they would move things along quickly.

We‘ve all thought that at certain times, particularly when we were in the process. After we get it, we have come to relfect on the worthiness of the wait, and cherished our easy civilian lifestyles in distant memories. Enjoy it while it lasts. Look on the good side, only those who truly want it will wait around to get it. Makes for more dedicated members in theory.

It could be worse...my file got lost. My friend who went through the same proccess as me (same PT, same day for MED and CFAT) just got sworn in last thurs. The CFRC really needs to work out these problems.

I feel your frustration Blackhawk.I also have been in the process for a little over 10 months now.I received a call from the Toronto office about 2 weeks ago with a job offer for Infantry (regs)but then the gentleman i was speaking to noticed that my ERC had to be updated(i was a little p***ed off he didn‘t notice it before he called but i bit my tounge).He said he would call me back when the results are returned.The thing im worried about is that i have to update my medical in about a month and a half and if my ERC results aren‘t back im going to be behind the 8 ball again....
I am praying everyday my ERC comes back before the medical runs out.

Stick with it Blackhawk.....as the saying goes good things come to those who wait.

Personally, I‘d write a letter of complaint and send a copy to your Member of Parliment, and the Recruiting centre. This is a problem at every CFRC I‘ve ever dealt with. Nothing is going to change if people don‘t complain to somone other than the people responsible for the problem. The CFRC likes to do "empire Building" and as a result are not the most efficient organization around.

honestly you have had it easy compared to many others. It took cfrc 2 years to do my VFS and once I got back in they had lost all my qualifications, put me in holding and said that I will have to repeat basic. The only thing that you can do is keep calling and right a letter to cfrc once that has been done the only thing you can do is call the military ombudsman and file a grievance but i don‘t think you have waited long enuff yet. Good luck though.

Ahh yeah..I got shafted for a year straight, first my medical expires, have to redo physical, security clearence expires again..*sigh* but hey guys..tommorow I‘m getting sworn in. Its bloody worth it..trust me...the feelings I have right now...I‘m excited and motivated. Wait it out it worth it. Good luck.

I get sworn in at the end of the month but it took me ‘bout a year to go through the whole proccess but now that I‘m almost there I‘m excited. The long wait makes reachin the goal all the more sweet. Stick with it and you‘ll get it.
Peace.

I to have been going through the process for about 10 months for 031 INF. Its gonna be worth it! cant wait to recieve my offer. Every day its straight home from work checking my messages, calling CFRC every monday at the same time. They have come to expect the call from me. they say its gonna be soon. Lets hope, keep our fingers crossed. See you there BLACKHAWK!.

Well Today i Got a Call back at 0830 Hrs from Toronto, she left a Message on my Answering Machine that They have Recieved My Previous Med Docs and that i can go ahead and Call Barrie Recruting Center to do my UPDATED Medical. I called Barrie and I have My Medical Tomorrow at 0900 hrs at the Armoury in Barrie and apparently this is the last thing i have to do. They will then send file to borden for Approval, then make their choice..... SO i am feeling alot Better now and the excitement is begining to come back again.
On a Poative note for my medical, i can now tell them Its been a week and half since i last smoked a cigeratte....... That should be a positive thing.

I just cross my finger their isnt anymore mess ups.

For me it seems now that i‘m blocked at the urine test now. I‘m going pilot so i have to make an advanced urine test. Looking at that now and i found that really funny. Here‘s my story, got my first urine test at recruiting center...everything is ok. Going for the micro one, they found trace of blood and proteins. They tell me to do an another one with my doctor to look for the proteins. Pass the test again, hey no trace of proteins but still traces of blood. Got an another letter, i have to make an another urine test for my blood traces. That‘s what i call initiative! Now i do the test again, no blood traces, no proteins but oh my god! they found bacteries that time!!! Guess what? Yup i have to make an another test for those too! Now i started to get really frustrated! I told myself now they will not get me! I drinked alot of water...the more i could...that much that all that water wanted to go out of my body by any little holes. It was the more colorless urine i did in my life! Guess what? Yup an another urine test...why? They found that my body was not retaining nutriments correctly. I just did an another urine test today... its almost ridiculous... even if my doctor is telling me that everything is ok and even him is finding that really funny... i should have ask right at the start a diagnostic for everything from my doctor. I stay focused and keep the moral...its the only thing to do. Since i‘m in the reserve i do know that most of times, the system is really slow. People are trying to do there best with what they have and the number of people they have. Its surely a good indicator of your motivation if they see in your files that you had done all those stuffs. It show that you want to get in, where alot of others people just step down.

Wow, I hear all these horror stories. Back when I was applying to go to RMC a few years ago, I Walked in mid October, and started my process, by the end of November I had my CFAT, interview, medical, PT test done, the only thing I had to wait for was my RMC acceptance which came in April, but taht was to be expected. I went through the CFRC Hamilton, they were very professional and thorough. I would asssume there would be standards like that throughout Canada. The one thing I here is ppl trying to remuster who need to get VFS that tends to take up a lot of time, usually if you‘ve had no CF expereience your process will be much faster than those who are trying to get back in.

ah the frustrations, luckly I have only had 2 errors, both double bookings, I hope to **** I get in this summer, they said 1-3 weeks and my file will be back. I will be calling them in 3 weeks to find out what the deal is. I get nervous hearing all the negative problems that people have said on this site. I am just hoping for the best, and get sworn in, in a month and be in basic training in July. So far Kitchener Recruiting center has been awsome, and I HOPE thye keep up the good will on my file.

My CFRC has been great, no complaints about the personal. Its not there fault, they can only do so much. My only complaint is how long its taking for my offer to be recieved. We are all trying to help our country by joining the CF. In the US, it takes a month from walk in to basic training. I think its crazy to keep competitive applicants on the back burner, at least give us a phone call once every 2 weeks or somthing. I find that the longer I go without anyone contacting me, the less motivated I get. Now guys I know your gonna say that mabe the Forces isnt for me if I cant handle the recruitment process, but its not that I cant handle it, just saying it is a little hard to stay motivated and I think the CF needs to review the recruitment process.
One more question for you, how can an individual with no high school diploma recieve an offer before somone who has graduated high school? (Im talking Reg forces INF 031) wouldnt they want to take the educated individuals before the high school drop outs? this makes no sense to me, perhaps someone can shed some light on this issue. Thanks.

I just got sworn in today..what a great moment. I felt so proud, its so worth the wait. The words "Welcome to the CF" were never sweeter then when the Cpl who helped me (Cpl Smith you rock!) said them. The CFRC become good friends over the time...thanks guys.

Congrats again, Jason! You leave on Saturday, right?

I raise a virtual pint to you my friend...

You are going in as a sig op, hey?

Congats Jason I get sworn in on the 23rd of this month lookin forward also.
Start BT early may hope I get a chance ta meet ya maybe.Peace Bro.

Back