• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Future Helicopters

What one does with OH-58D's when one has the replacement sorted...

Stay paint over the cockpit glass and install the stuff you need to run remote.

View attachment 68783
Why paint over the windows. The passengers might like the view. An extra seat now that that noxious pilot is gone. Or a bucke more ammunition. :D

Why paint over the windows. The passengers might like the view. An extra seat now that that noxious pilot is gone. Or a bucke more ammunition. :D
If pilots were a welcome departure, then a self-loading meat-bag poking at switches in the cockpit being ousted would be just as much a relief to HAL9000 as the pilot. 😉

If pilots were a welcome departure, then a self-loading meat-bag poking at switches in the cockpit being ousted would be just as much a relief to HAL9000 as the pilot. 😉

It's OK, big aerospace companies like Boeing have your back...

Former Boeing 737 MAX Chief Technical Pilot Indicted for Fraud​

A federal grand jury in the Northern District of Texas returned an indictment today charging a former Chief Technical Pilot for The Boeing Company (Boeing) with deceiving the Federal Aviation Administration’s Aircraft Evaluation Group (FAA AEG) in connection with the FAA AEG’s evaluation of Boeing’s 737 MAX airplane, and scheming to defraud Boeing’s U.S.‑based airline customers to obtain tens of millions of dollars for Boeing.

Lockheed acquired Sikorsky - they are still "integrating" RMS into one team.
Bell/Boeing is the other competitor.
So aside from Bell Textron with the V-280 Valor, who else should be considered? Kaman? They sub to Bell, Boeing and Lockheed/Sikorsky.

What other manufacturers are there out there upon which the US can absolutely guarantee its supply chain?
🤦🏼‍♂️

I had a total brain fart yesterday. It’s been a while since I’ve thought about FVL…

The way I read the article, my brain (which was not functioning) read that Lockheed/Sikorsky/Boeing were all working together on one proposal… duh moment for me 🤦🏼‍♂️

That’s why I was asking myself…. “Well wait, who does that leave?”

Easy to do, programs cross-cross and change-up from time to time and it’s often hard to track the ‘Frienemy’ relations of various companies at any one time. Lol

A view from the Russian side of the line:

Donetsk, Lugansk republics announce evacuations of civilians amid Donbass escalation​

Russia’s southern Rostov Region has reported that it is ready to receive Donbass residents

The situation at the engagement line in the east of Ukraine escalated on Thursday morning. The Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics reported the most intensive bombardments by the Ukrainian military in recent months. There has been no data on casualties yet; however, it has been reported that the bombardments have damaged some civil infrastructure facilities.

So with more than half the entire Russian Army within kilometers of the UKR border, they (RUS) forces had to depend on civvies phoning in some shells to the local police? No hard-core RUS counter-battery radar plots proving inbound shells from UKR forces? Just a bunch of conscripts digging holes in the middle of the night to then drop some BM-21 rocket casing bits in, to pretend that UKR “massive bombardments” were causing the Russian emigrants to UKR in the Donbas to want to get back into Mother Russia?

Really? Nigeria before us??

Nigerian army to get Bell Textron AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters​

Source
POSTED ON TUESDAY, 19 APRIL 2022 13:16
The Government of Nigeria has requested to buy twelve (12) AH-1Z Attack Helicopters; twenty-eight (28) T-700 GE 401C engines (24 installed, 4 spares); and two thousand (2,000) Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) guidance sections. Also included is Night Vision Cueing Display (NVCD); commercial variant GPS with Standard Positioning Service (SPS); communication equipment; electronic warfare systems; AN/AVS-9 Aviator’s Night Vision Imaging System; M197 20mm machine gun; Target Sight System (TSS); support equipment; spare engine containers; spare and repair parts; tools and test equipment; technical data and publications; personnel training and training equipment; Mission Planning system; U.S. Government and contractor engineering; technical, and logistics support services; U.S. Government and contractor assistance and oversight of facilities construction to include the provisioning of plans, drawings and specifications; $25M of case funds will be allocated for institutional and technical assistance to the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) to continue Air Ground Integration (AGI) program, which includes developing targeting processes that are legally compliant with International Humanitarian Law and the Laws of Armed Conflict; and other related elements of logistics and program support. The total estimated program cost is $997 million.

"Attack" isn't a verb used in the Pearsonian definition of peacekeeping the Liberals adhere to.

You'd have a better chance of selling ice to Polar Bears.
The problem is when people, usually ultra-progressive Liberals, entirely miss the entire history of Pearson.

Mind blowing (for some) question: who pushed for and achieved the supply of American nuclear weapons on Canadian soil…Diefenbaker or Pearson?

If only we cared the rifleman/civilian in danger enough to protect them using these 'evil' machines.

RCAF/gov't hasn't done enough to assure people it deserves money for XYZ. It needs to be present on the TV/Internet.

Well looks like the Euro NATO countries are worried about the FVL programs. With the NH-90 is not faring well in Norway and Australia they are looking to get together on something.

Hey Canada signs on as observer! We love to not fully commit to anything. (not that I would in this program)

Well looks like the Euro NATO countries are worried about the FVL programs. With the NH-90 is not faring well in Norway and Australia they are looking to get together on something.

Hey Canada signs on as observer! We love to not fully commit to anything. (not that I would in this program)

😂

…The goal is also to develop a common airframe for both land, air and maritime variants, although the agency allows for the possibility of separate platforms if a common airframe proves too contentious…

The NH90 was kept to only 17 different variants for the 19 participating nations.

It would be interesting to see how the participating nations decide on a single configuration (or two…). 😉

😂

The NH90 was kept to only 17 different variants for the 19 participating nations.

It would be interesting to see how the participating nations decide on a single configuration (or two…). 😉
The RCAF would only need 3 different configurations naval, SAR, Green...

Oh forgot a super secret special CSOR trim level too.. ....

I was about to post that link. I was too busy LoL’ing during reading that I was late.

I suspect it will fair about as well as most Euro airframe programs of late….

I was about to post that link. I was too busy LoL’ing during reading that I was late.

I suspect it will fair about as well as most Euro airframe programs of late….
In ‘fairness’ to the NH90, the Aussies getting rid of NH90 variant #18, the MRH90 Taipan, weren’t really Euro/NATO, so that makes only Norway turning down Euro-based consortium-smashed-together helos by a NATO country… 😉

Back