• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FY2016 DEO quotas

Hello Sergeant Laen

Could you please list the selection dates for Nursing Officer?

Thank you

Good Day Sergeant Laen,

Reading through your replies to other posters has been very helpful, thank you for that. Do you happen to know when the next selection dates for ACSO and AEC are?

Thanks.

DEO Selections are normally all done at the same time.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/122378/post-1435632.html#msg1435632

I'll give Selection dates tomorrow.  I don't have my work laptop at home with me tonight.
More to follow.

Sgt Laen

As DAA Stated, DEO selections are normally done at the same time, it's not dependant on trade.
The next selection dates for DEO as far as the information given to me are 13-Jun then again on 27-Jun.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Am I reading this correctly? They select all of their DEOs on those dates for the year? I hope not! I'm still waiting for paperwork to clear and CFASC to be booked. No hope of possibly being on the merit list by that time.

Good Day,

Offers are ongoing through the year, but the sooner you complete your paperwork and process the higher the likelihood of getting selected.  As the year progresses there are less spots for offers.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Thank you for the clarification, it makes sense. Fingers crossed the medical paperwork doesn't take too long in Ottawa and that CFASC gets booked promptly after it clears.

Sergeant Laen said:
As DAA Stated, DEO selections are normally done at the same time, it's not dependant on trade.
The next selection dates for DEO as far as the information given to me are 13-Jun then again on 27-Jun.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Does that mean those chosen can expect calls all throughout July? or will the calls go out after the first date in June and follow through past the second?

If I apply in September (MARS), and all the spots are filled for my upcoming year (graduate next summer hoping to be on BMOQ class after that), should I reapply April 1st? or is it still better to sit tight and not do anything but poke my recruiter about dates?

okay awesome thank you! how far before/after I apply should I start prepping for the CFAT? I know the app is good and I have that, but I dont know when I should start.

First and foremost, this forum is for you to ask questions. 
Answers are only to be given by Recruiters or Board DS staff.  If you do not fall into one of these categories it is in the forum rules that you are not to give advice.

Read Here: http://navy.ca/forums/threads/115492.0
Please follow the rules.

Next onto the questions:

Grimm_ said:
Does that mean those chosen can expect calls all throughout July? or will the calls go out after the first date in June and follow through past the second?

Calls start going out anywhere between 1 to 5 days after each selection date.  It takes time for the files to be processed and passed onto recruiters.

RussTheMann said:
If I apply in September (MARS), and all the spots are filled for my upcoming year (graduate next summer hoping to be on BMOQ class after that), should I reapply April 1st? or is it still better to sit tight and not do anything but poke my recruiter about dates?

Once you apply once, you do not need to re-apply unless your file is closed (which your recruiter will tell you).  You should apply generally 3-4 months before your graduation date so that your file can be processed.

RussTheMann said:
how does the merrit list system work, exactly?

Once your file is complete (CFAT, TSD, Interview, Medical, Security, etc) you are assigned a score based on certain criteria contained in the information on your file.  This score is compared against everyone else who is also applying for that same trade and that is why it is called a Merit List.  If you are high enough on the Merit List you may receive an Offer of Employment.

RussTheMann said:
okay awesome thank you! how far before/after I apply should I start prepping for the CFAT? I know the app is good and I have that, but I dont know when I should start.

You should start prepping for your CFAT before you apply, some CFRCs will have openings quickly and others are back logged and it may take awhile.  Rewrites are not automatic, so prepare accordingly and plan to do the best that you can the first time you write it.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Back