• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Garvin's rant about the AIDS conference

GAP said:
Is there not something that invalidates immigration if you have a disease or condition that taxes the medicare system?

Nope at least not as it applies to refugee claimants. Legitimate sponsore other landed immigrants yes, but not in this case.

Do the sponsoring agencies that encouraged these people to claim refugee status now become responsible for the cost of their medication and care?

Again nope, well not directly. In theory as they are composed of and run by taxpayers  like you and me then they do. ::)

As much as I want these people to experience the freedom I enjoy, I have a problem with the AIDS issue. On a small scale it probably does not make a difference, but that generally does not seem the way it remains once the word gets out. The economics of this issue could get out of hand pretty quickly.

You know, i'm not surprised that a bunch of people have filed for Refugee Status, it happens all the time when there are big international gatherings.  I wonder how many people filed for refugee status after World Youth Day in 2002, and other major events.

Whole Teams claimed Refugee status during the Francophonee games in Gatineau last year.

Sheerin said:
You know, i'm not surprised that a bunch of people have filed for Refugee Status, it happens all the time when there are big international gatherings.  I wonder how many people filed for refugee status after World Youth Day in 2002, and other major events.

less than 30 IIRC.

Gap not sure how many of the 105 delegates from the conference who filed for refugee status have HIV/AIDS. that inof will obviously not be made public knowledge but will be known by those dealing with them (Immigration, Social Services) within a week or so.

George Wallace said:
Whole Teams claimed Refugee status during the Francophonee games in Gatineau last year.

Yeah, but while they were here, did these teams disparage our Prime Minister?
I like the way these representatives have discredited themselves, and saved us some work.  After all, the best way to combat AIDS cannot be funded by a 'wealthy' first world government: individual responsibility.

Back