• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gas prices

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
So what are you guys paying for gas? Here in HRM we are paying 93.9.

84-86 cents a litre in Peterborough, Ontario.

And I‘m headed out that way in a few weeks - puts a damper on all my travel plans. I guess I‘ll just have to camp at the Lower Deck instead.

Almost 2 bucks per gallon in the Phoenix area

We‘re also paying 99.9 for Full serve.

Redeye; Have a good time at the lower deck, I‘ve never gone wrong there.
Have a Keith‘s take a seat and welcome to Halifax.

1 gallon is roughly 3.78 liters. If they were paying $2 per gallon that‘d work out to roughly 53 cents per liter. But that‘s US money, so with the exchange rate it‘d work out to about 70 cents a liter.

Gas Prices=Highway Robbery

That is all the math you need to know

Originally posted by Che:
[qb] We‘re also paying 99.9 for Full serve.

Redeye; Have a good time at the lower deck, I‘ve never gone wrong there.
Have a Keith‘s take a seat and welcome to Halifax. [/qb]
Che - I love the place - I‘m a Nova Scotian at heart (born and raised in Ontario, but my mother is a Cape Bretoner originally, and they‘ve moved back to the Truro area now). I was in there one night and a bunch of Scotsmen off one of the oil platforms were in tearing the place up, buying rounds for the whole place all night... it was amazing. I‘ll be there 20-30 May 04 - if any army.ca pub nights or anything are going on there, let me know.

i am in barrie and diesel is 68.9, thats why i bought a diesel cheaper fuel for the most part. does anyone know why fuel is so expensive. just a question

I get the impression that the oil companies set the fuel prices depending on their monetary needs; But the real kicker is the taxes on fuel vary from region to region and I believe that‘s what makes the prices on fuel expensive or cheap.

Originally posted by 48Highlander:
[qb] 1 gallon is roughly 3.78 liters. If they were paying $2 per gallon that‘d work out to roughly 53 cents per liter. But that‘s US money, so with the exchange rate it‘d work out to about 70 cents a liter. [/qb]
Sweet, I‘ll have to check out the prices today when I go down there. Here in Vancouver it‘s ranging from 85 to 95 cents a litre. It‘s bloody costing me $30 just to fill up my little 40 litre tank import. Anyone remember a mere five years ago when gas was 29.9 cents a litre?

As of last night the petrol prices in Sydney were as low as 87.9 and as high as 92.9 for unleaded.

LPG (propane) is quite common here, and my Ford AUII Falcon Ute, is dual fuel, both LPG and petrol powered with 157kw of power. I can get about 400km per 55L of LPG, and about 780km per 80l of petrol.

I mainly run on LPG, and the cost is about 16.00/week to run on. Thats cheap, compaired its about $50.00 per week on petrol. I usually drive about 400km per week.

Currently, LPG runs about 27.9 to 33.9 per litre. Thats better than paying 90c/l isnt it.

The Australian dollar is about 73 cents US.

Cheers,

Wes

About 78-82 cents in Edmonton. And I thought we had it bad...

Back