• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GBAD - The return of 'FOBS'

Just a point. The SHORAD UOR for the RBS 70 and the C-UAV UOR contracts just awarded are distinct from the GBAD capital project which is the subject of this thread and still moving forward.

🍻

South Korea is developing a counter-UAS system similar to the Coyote.

Interesting from the article is the timelines in the development of the system:

According to the Agency for Defense Development (ADD), development of this project began in the fourth quarter of last year, with the Basic Design Review (PDR) soon to be completed, followed by the Detailed Design Review (CDR). After the interceptor drone completes its flight, expected in the fall of this year, interception tests with an actual UAV are planned to be conducted by the second half of next year. The interception test will also include targeting a small UAV.

The CanadaBuys website has just published the GBAD Projects list of Qualified Buyers. And the winners are:

• Team of Lockheed Martin and Diehl Defence Gmbh and Co. KG
  • MBDA Missile Systems
  • Raytheon Canada
  • SAAB Canada

Link

So doing a little research I'm speculating that the following systems are in play.

Interesting. I didn’t follow the program but it would appear that from the list of qualified businesses that there is a rather wide range of capabilities.

IMG_0577.jpeg
Some are Long/Medium and the SAAB is Short Ranged

Interestingly MBDA also does MEADS with LocMart with the PAC-3MSE which gives Anti-Ballistic Missile capabilities as well.

Is it a one option only, or is this a True GBAD suit to cover a range of requirements?

The CanadaBuys website has just published the GBAD Projects list of Qualified Buyers. And the winners are:

• Team of Lockheed Martin and Diehl Defence Gmbh and Co. KG
  • MBDA Missile Systems
  • Raytheon Canada
  • SAAB Canada

Link

So doing a little research I'm speculating that the following systems are in play.
i was thinking the Saab was the RBS 23?

Back