• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

German Stealth Suit?

R031 Pte Joe said:
The course officer on my BMQ wore his stealth suit in the gas hut and it worked just fine for him. He had it all done up and he didn't suffer any of the effects...

Makes me wonder if one day we'll get something like a stealth suit for NBC warfare enstead of the evil dreaded bunny suit! Lol.... I somehow doubt that a stealth suit could handle any lethal doses of radiation though? ....  :-[

Good for the gas hut though!
;D

Whats wrong wil the bunny suit?  I can see myself enjoying being in it for three whole minutes before I'll get jacked up for doing the bunny hop dance.

Zell_Dietrich said:
Whats wrong wil the bunny suit?  I can see myself enjoying being in it for three whole minutes before I'll get jacked up for doing the bunny hop dance.

you do realize that the bunny hop is an established heritage dance to be interrupted only in the direst of circumstances....like....well, never really, the shock to the system is horrible and the trauma takes years to overcome...

Bzzliteyr said:
That sure would be one heavy suit, made of lead of course.  As for the goretex stealth suit you are talking about, they can be had in various locations, including the Royal Candian Armour School kit shop for about $125 per piece.

I recently had the pleasure of doing my 13km ruck march in the pouring rain and I opted on wearing my stealth suit as a second layer under my combat shirt (t-shirt being the first layer).  I was not the only one after the march that was soaked head to toe yet once I took off my combat shirt and stealth jacket, I did appear to be the only one with a dry back and arms!!  I was very impressed at it's effectiveness as the temperature was one of those windy 10 degree hypothermia days and I did see some boys shivering badly after the march, not a good thing.

Bzzliteyr,

Who is running the kit shop?  Can you PM me so I can email them to see if they have any??

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Armour_school/kitshop/index_e.asp

Try there.

After all the guys in the unit that had them told me how good it was and that they would sell or give up parts of their bodies for the stealth suit. I got one, and everything they told me was true it is a nice piece of kit to have. Worth the money.

:skull:

For anybody not in the Winnipeg area, CPGear has been selling these since the early 90's (originally imported from the Netherlands, now made here in Canada) http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/clothing/1045.htm

Back