• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GG Payette resigns 21 Jan 2021

That is strange you would think that you would want the people who are responsible for keeping you safe happy. At least I would.

Asking people who work for you how you are as a boss? The nerve!!!!!!!
Saw something on TV about staff members claiming PTSD. Sounded like not just the GG will be entitled to compensation.

Maybe the best headline ever??

Justin Trudeau applauds Justin Trudeau's handling of the Rideau Hall mess​

Paul Wells: The response to the GG problem is a familiar one for the Trudeau government—nothing is a big, urgent problem until it hits the nightly news
https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ot...VwUhDDnY5s73-oCa1K01Vn5rSc#Echobox=1611944739
Don’t know whether to laugh (because this is actually Maclean’s, not the Beaverton) or cry (because it’s so true and reinforces that the electorate is simply not being respected).

So: Headline 😆; dismissiveness and indignant redirection 😢.

Canadians deserved better. Much better!

So is she actually going to be held accountable for anything?

If any one of us pulled this at work we would hang for it, without a few hundred grand a year to wipe our tears with.

Is there going to be an investigation as to why she wasn't reported for her bevahior earlier, or if someone tried why weren't they listened to?

I feel like she's not the only one who should lose their job over this, or actually face some kind of punishment.

Last edited:
If any one of us pulled this at work we would hang for it, without a few hundred grand a year to wipe out tears with.
If I was forced to resign, and got a severance package like that, I would be crying all the way to the bank.

Civilian clerks where I used to work were vetted more carefully than she, apparently, was.,

"Payette resigned from her position as COO of the Montreal Science Centre in 2016 after complaints about her treatment of employees, sources allege. She received a $200,000 severance package. Payette also left her position on the Canadian Olympic Committee in 2017 after two investigations into treatment of staff, including allegations of verbal abuse, according to sources from the organization."

A $150,000 per year pension for life, and a $206,000 per years "expense account" for life.

She's in her 50's, and seems healthy, so she could be collecting that dough for decades.

Certain folks are entitled to their entitlements.

Here we go, you all know that the ex GG will not be held accountable for anything. It all will sweep away, no matter what Government is in place. I applaud the person(s) who raised the alarm in the first place, that's what we need .

I am still trying to figure out what is the role of a GG, to read something in the senate? House of commons? Wear a Military uniform of his/her choice? Spend tax payers money?

Do we need a GG? Will it make or break a country? I doubt it

I am still trying to figure out what is the role of a GG
Google is your friend: The Governor General

The Governor General has important parliamentary responsibilities:
  • Summoning, proroguing and dissolving Parliament.
  • Setting out the government’s program by reading the Speech from the Throne.
  • Giving Royal Assent, which makes acts of Parliament into law.
The Governor General is also Commander-in-Chief of Canada. He or she visits military bases and honours Canadian military personnel on behalf of The Queen.

The Governor General also fulfills important ceremonial duties:
  • Promoting a sense of identity.
  • Recognizing the achievements of outstanding Canadians.
  • Receiving foreign dignitaries.
  • Travelling overseas as the representative of Canada.
  • Hosting and taking part in official events.

Back