• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

good 22LR pistol

Urban said:
This isn't as written in stone as the government wants you to think. My father was lucky enough to be grandfathered in when these laws arrived and naturally I'm quite interested in the future of these guns. Though you cannot be sold a prohibited gun without a license, I've heard of a precedent in inheriting a prohibited gun and a prohibited license along with it. I don't have any more information on this, but its something to look into.

Oh, it's written in stone alright (OK, maybe semi-dry cement)!! You can, in fact inherit a prohib firearm, and you inherit (obviously) the registration certificate along with it, however you do not get grandfathered into the category for the purpose of acquiring more of the same class - it is for that acquisition by inheritance only.

As an example, your father (or whoever) passes away and leaves you a very nice Smith Model 27  with a 3.5" barrel (you lucky dog...).  You can take possession of this firearm since it was inherited, however you cannot now go out to a gunshop (or to another individual) and buy a Glock 19 with a 4.02" barrel.

I know - bummer!!!  Life sucks, get a helmet... :(

blake

Worse as it stands only PRE 46 handguns can be inherited.
  No FA 12(2), No CA 12(3), No 12(4), 12(5), and negatory for a majority of 12(6)

Grandfathering is designed to bleed guns out of our society - with a nice politically correct name so people believe it is not so.

Life really does suck.

Infidel-6 said:
1/  ...Grandfathering is designed to bleed guns out of our society - with a nice politically correct name so people believe it is not so.

2/  Life really does suck....

1/  Yes it is;  and

2/  Yes it does...

blake

I wrote Mr harper a paper (not email) letter about this today. Probably wont do anything, but its worth a try.

One letter by itself doesn't, but many do. good for you, there are some ongoing 12(6) court cases we hope will turn the tide slightly.

The Yardape has a Norinco, it works fine and he hits well with it.....lot's of in-expensive fun for the whole family ;D

Back