• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

good 22LR pistol

Nothing wrong with a good Browning Buckmark or a Ruger. I don't think I'd ever buy a Norinco cheaper quality and directly supporting communists. 

I've got a S&W 622 and It's a great starter pistol.  I paid $330 for it used.  So far has fired any ammo I've fed it.

nowhere_man said:
Nothing wrong with a good Browning Buckmark or a Ruger. I don't think I'd ever buy a Norinco cheaper quality and directly supporting communists. 

I guess you also don't shop at wal mart, any loonie store or buy much electronics, plus you must prance around more or less naked. Chinese imports are everywhere, they also make pianos for the big namebrands.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Pistol&subtype=Rimfire%20Autoloading&famlst=55

Ruger makes a fine product. Norincos are well priced. Don't feel bad about putting money into commies pockets, everything you buy is from Red.

Colin P said:
I guess you also don't shop at wal mart, any loonie store or buy much electronics, plus you must prance around more or less naked. Chinese imports are everywhere, they also make pianos for the big namebrands.

And car parts for US brand cars, British cars (i.e. Rolls Royce has a factory in China), German cars (VW) countless electronic companies, as in the guts (IC's capacitors, ect) are made in China.

Oh, and maybe they are not my favourite country (far from it) but they do lend some stablity to the region, instead of having it turn into a buinch of pesudo feudal warring states like we see in area's which lack a Major power...I'd rather have a Major Commie, then a bunch of wars like Africa or the Middle East goes though.

Colin P said:

As a matter of fact I don't like shopping at Wal Mart, And i don't go to the dollar store that often. And as for clothes if they haven't completely fallen apart then their still good to go.  OK well maybe I do support the Commies economically a little but I don't think I would buy a gun from them.

Besides I'm a Remington kind of guy  ;D

Remingtion makes nice shotguns & hunting rifles, but a little short on the pistol side. I do like their JHP ammo in 9mm and .45acp though.

Colin P said:
Remingtion makes nice shotguns & hunting rifles, but a little short on the pistol side. I do like their JHP ammo in 9mm and .45acp though.

How do ya get that? HP pistol ammo is banned from being imported into Canada...

Sigh.............no grasshopper it is not banned, just expensive! $14.99 a box for 9mm and $28.00 for .45acp (Reliable in Vancouver)

rz350 said:
How do ya get that? HP pistol ammo is banned from being imported into Canada...

::)

and the myth gets perpetuated.

Colin is quite correct -- for a while CBS was denying it import for non LE/MIL usage -- however this issues was solved and there are no legal prohibitions

Only the CBS could say that JHP was reserved for the Military.    ::)

They should stick with harassing Lesbian book stores, even then they can't get it right.  ;D

Oh alright, thats good to know. I though it was a real law, not just CBS being dinks.

It was a Natural Resources Canada regulation, as they are the department that controls explosives and hence ammunition. It was changed a few years back.

Speaking of .22cal pistols, there is an article in the last Combat Handgun mag about a guy who modified his Ruger pistol with a lightweight barrel with a threaded end fitted with a ACC suppressor and Crimson lasergrips. He called it “project Snuffy!” It sounded pretty cool, wish we could have suppressors up here, be great for plinking and my wife would enjoy it!

COBRA-6 said:
It was a Natural Resources Canada regulation, as they are the department that controls explosives and hence ammunition. It was changed a few years back.

...more specifically Energy & Mines, Explosives Regulatory Division - the same folks who inform me that I can't keep more than 75 kg of explosives  for my own use (assuming that they are properly stored... ;)), which I find more than reasonable.  Do you have any idea how much ammo I would need to have to be in possession of 75 kg???  That's not ammo weight, it's the weight of propellant and primers...  Great googley-moogley!!!

blake

Well let me see 4.5 gr of titegroup for my .45acp + 2 gr for the primer (guessing)= 6.5 grs per bullet thats 1076 .45acp rounds per pound if I remember 7,000 gr per pound x 2.2 to get 1 kg = 2369 rds x 75 = 177,692 rounds of .45acp  ;D

Guess I better start loading again this weekend, I only have 500 or so left of .45acp  ;)

"...more specifically Energy & Mines, Explosives Regulatory Division..."

http://www.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/mms/explosif/over/over_e.htm

Generally a good group of people, at least the ones at the Bells Corners Complex.

The issue was more with the interpretation made by Canada Customs.

I recall being able to buy 9mm JHP in the early 90's (prior to the ruling) since I had a personal MP-5 -- and the interpretation made "carbine" or rifle owners able to buy JHP -- but not pistol owners (other than LE/MI)

lucky old guys and their being around before the prohib laws came out (@ you I-6 and your Mp5) I got born too late to ever hope of having anything that cool.

rz350 said:
lucky old guys and their being around before the prohib laws came out (@ you I-6 and your Mp5) I got born too late to ever hope of having anything that cool.

This isn't as written in stone as the government wants you to think. My father was lucky enough to be grandfathered in when these laws arrived and naturally I'm quite interested in the future of these guns. Though you cannot be sold a prohibited gun without a license, I've heard of a precedent in inheriting a prohibited gun and a prohibited license along with it. I don't have any more information on this, but its something to look into.

Back