• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Google Maps - take a look

atticus said:
Umm, that took me to the middle of Kazakhistan.

46.807293868, -71.20706846

In the Decimal degrees system:

north western quarter +,-
north eastern quarter +,+
south western quarter -,-
south eastern quarter -,+

TCBF said:
- Hard to drive when you are starving to death.

Tom

How true...

van Gemeren said:
46.807293868, -71.20706846

Yeah I figured that out after my dumb post.

Anyways anybody check this out yet?

45.7281342891, -66.1919059124

atticus said:
Anyways anybody check this out yet?

45.7281342891, -66.1919059124

Well, what else do you expect CTC to have their students doing while out in the trg area?? Just kidding. Hey I'm posted here and had no clue!! How cool is that anyway. Aliens invading!!   :dontpanic:

So you know what CTC stands for? It is part of CFB Gagetown? It looks like it was in the middle of a forest.

That CTC spot is great.

Here's another: S14 42'42  W 75 10'33

Nazca lines in Peru. Wierd.

Geoglyphs: N33 48 00.0 W114 32 00.0

(upper right from the spot marker, at the end of the North-South branch road)

Ghost778 said:
What exactly are those?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=nazca+lines&meta=&X=1
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=nazca%20lines&X=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Although I still insist on you going to see it yourself, type in the search bar, "Niagara Falls, ON" and it will zoom in the middle of the city, move the screen right and keep going until you notice a river. Move the pointer south or "down" and you'll find the famous Horseshoe falls, Niagara Falls that is.

Go see it in real life if you haven't....

Joe

maybe this has already been mentioned, but I dont have time to check(working!), but pearl harbour looks pretty interesting.

You want weird?  Check out this fake airport at Edwards AFB:

34.953774,-117.871631

Or this triangle in the desert near area 51:

37.627795,-116.848597

Or how about a Hexagram in the same area:

37.401306,-116.868012

Ohhh, I can almost hear the outer limits soundtrack....

http://php.scripts.psu.edu/users/b/f/bfs124/area%2051%20Pictures/index.php

Check that site out it has some interesting finds around area 51 with google earth

there is no way that stuff should be on the net.  In the high resolution areas, you can spot ICBM silos.

Tom

TCBF said:
there is no way that stuff should be on the net.   In the high resolution areas, you can spot ICBM silos.

Uhuh, and I suppose the ruskies don't have images of the same areas with 10 times better resolution?  ::)

Any major world power can get infinitely better images, and even live feeds of the same areas.  So tell me again why these images shouldn't be available online?

it really isn't the major powers we are worried about, is it?

Tom

So you're worried that...what?  5 guys in a Burqa are going to walk onto a military base and hijack an ICBM?

No.  The Minuteman III is only useful to them for the RVs, and nukes are easier to aquire than that.  The Silo was a poor example.  The quality of the hi-res stuff on google can asist in planning other nefarious deeds as well.  Those of us long in the tooth may recall a time when certain nationalities were not authorized to posess our NTS series of topo maps either.

I suppose  someone has done a risk assessment here, or else decided the horses are out of the barn, but it is a less than ideal situation.

I grant that most orgs capable of terr activities in NA have the official or un-official backing of other soveriegn nations anyway, so could access the data through other means.

Tom

Back