• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got word from the CO today...losing a Coy worth of LAV‘s

..................burn it all?
that sucks. why are they doing that? making a light infantry company inside a mech battalion?
Greg

Waingright (sp) is becoming a huge laser tag type training area and they need people and equipment (were are also losing ML‘s and LS‘s). The CO is not sure if we will have to mech coy and one light or divide the LAV‘s between all the coy‘s and have 2 platoons mech and one light.

He also mentioned that this will effect all the 1st and 2nd BN of each Infantry Reg.

what are they doing with the LAV‘s?
Selling them?
There you go again, shooting your mouth off. Evidence that your posting before reading the **** thread.

you no what Infanteer, how about you **** off you ignorant piece of ****, It was a legitimant question, excuse me if i didnt understand exactly what is being done with them.

Seems like you have a real attitude problem and i am tired of your big mouth, so how about you zip it pal.

CFL: Waingright (sp) is becoming a huge laser tag type training area and they need people and equipement (were are also losing ML‘s and LS‘s).
That should have been sufficient to understand what‘s going on with the LAVs.

Oh, Infanteer‘s a mod here. He eats silly people like you for breakfast.

And one warning. One more and you‘re gone.

you know what, send me flying then, because i havent done anything wrong, infact i have contributed to this forum in a postives away untill he opens his mouth with that type of BS.

Actually no it wasnt sufficient, said they were getting rid of them, i assumed selling but wasnt postive on it and really dont see the big deal in asking a question if it was NOT understood.

READ MY QUOTE. Actually, I‘ll break it down for you.

CFL: Got word from the CO today...losing a Coy worth of LAV‘s
CFL‘s battalion is losing some LAVs.
Yeoman: why are they doing that?
CFL: Waingright (sp) is becoming a huge laser tag type training area and they need people and equipement (were are also losing ML‘s and LS‘s).
Notice the corelation? How each post seems to add up to something?

It looks like all you did was read the thread title and spout your little nonsense.

Oh, if you ever think you‘ll go far in the army with your kind of attitude, think again.

Do have a nice day.

Originally posted by *CDN*Blackhawk:
[qb] what are they doing with the LAV‘s?
Selling them? [/qb]
Yeah, with equipment shortages all over the place and outdated equipment still in service, the government is going to sell off a whole Coy worth of LAV‘s. :rolleyes:

Tell ya what, maybe i should have used a bit more common sense, But loosing a coy of lavs could mean a few things.
Lets me make some examples:

Selling them (obvious choice)
Sending them to a different Regiment (possible choice)

Asking if they were being sold was to confrim if they were being sold, No where in that thread, did it say COY OF LAVS BEING SOLD,

You guys really make me laugh with your pettiness. Thanks for the entertainment, even if it is rather sad...

Naw - I don‘t find this entertaining.

How about everybody involved go to their rooms without dinner ... ?

Please stop the infighting.

Junior members have the right to embarass themselves and ask dumb questions - it‘s a public forum (and remember - there is no such thing as a dumb question ...).
Similarly, more senior members also have the right to embarass themselves by coming down too harshly on more junior members (i.e. who really don‘t know any better, whereas the more senior member has an obligation to be more understanding ... it‘s a "leadership by example thing" ...).

If somebody you don‘t like has their pants down around their ankles in the middle of a minefield, just sit back and have a good chuckle at their predicament - no need to add insult to injury.

"Still waters run deep". (a timeless saying in Latin)

I‘ll try and shed some light on this topic for you guys. Being in 2 RCR this directly effects me. The Coy of LAVs that are being removed from each Mech Battalion are going to be sent to Wainwright, along with all of our TUAs (Tow under Amour" as well our Coyotes are going to be sent to the Dragoons because now that they have no tanks they are becoming an armoured recce unit. The LAVs are not being sold, or given to another unit. I can‘t remember the exact name of the training center but there will be a Bn worth of LAV‘s, Anti-Armour, Strykers or MGS (Mobile Gun System) for battlegroup/brigade training to bring them into the high readiness cycle or MLOC 6 for possible over seas deployment.
I hope this shed a little bit of light on this shitty decision on the part of the army.
:sniper:

Originally posted by *CDN*Blackhawk:
[QB] Tell ya what, maybe i should have used a bit more common sense, But loosing a coy of lavs could mean a few things.
Lets me make some examples:

Selling them (obvious choice)
Sending them to a different Regiment (possible choice)

Asking if they were being sold was to confrim if they were being sold, No where in that thread, did it say COY OF LAVS BEING SOLD,

laser tag crap?
so basically it‘s going to be miles gear no matter where I go now? fine by me :D
that idea doesn‘t sound that all bad though, but do they really need to cough up THAT many lav‘s? didn‘t we just get them like 3 or 4 years ago?
Greg

Good idea for this type of training area but the loss of equipement puts the BN‘s affected in a problematic situation.

Back