• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Green Party

ModlrMike

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Is the current dumpster fire that's the Green Party adding to or taking away from global warming?

Is the current dumpster fire that's the Green Party adding to or taking away from global warming?
Does one include the gasoline the Liberals have been pouring on it?

The Greens were useful to the Liberals, right up until they weren’t.

Too bad Lizzie May was too naive (arrogant?) to see that she was being played…

So a cynical and power hungry politician that moves across the country from their home in the Maritimes to take on the only riding they could win in Canada, in Gulf Islands La La Land, was too naive?

I'm going with arrogant.

The Greens were useful to the Liberals, right up until they weren’t.

Too bad Lizzie May was too naive (arrogant?) to see that she was being played…
Was she being played? The way she butt-snorkelled the LPC, I thought she was angling for a senate seat.

It did seem like a mutually beneficial situation though. Add to it the inordinate amount of media attention given to a fringe party that never got more than 6.8% at election time, the Liberals insistence that they participate in debates even as the Greens pour their national resources into one riding to get May elected says this party was inflated beyond its real support.

Edited for clarity.

Something that I can never understand about Canadian politics is the failure of the left to unify. If the NDP, Liberals, Greens formed a single party, the Conservatives would never win again. It's like would you rather see 80% of the policies you want passed, or none of them?

Why bother to unify when Big Left can promise the moon and even run national debt over a trillion dollars to run its desired programs, all with just a minority?

Something that I can never understand about Canadian politics is the failure of the left to unify. If the NDP, Liberals, Greens formed a single party, the Conservatives would never win again. It's like would you rather see 80% of the policies you want passed, or none of them?
Because two party systems lead to growing polarization?

Lack of choice leads to growing disillusion?

And perhaps, most importantly, having junior parties more to the left or right of the centralist party helps to drag public policy in that direction.

Having the NDP and green float policies that the public either like or dislike, and the centralist parties adopt the more palatable ones while leave the more extreme ones to the junior parties.

The left wing ecosystem works rather well in that sense. Why disturb it?

Back