• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guelph Army.ca Night

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
Any time after Remembrence Day works for me.

I'm heading up to Petawawa to get my pipes (and the rest of my gear).

Cheers

Im actually off now on Friday.  Managed to weasel out of it. So whatever works for you guys is good for me.

Piper said:
Well, if your good for this week put up a post, if not, then we can do another day (just for you Slim ;))

Even if you guys (and gals hopefully) hook up before I get back maybe we can do another one before Christmas?

Piper said:
Or nearer the end of the month (the 24th maybe)? 

If you're all going to wait that long then wait for me to get home on the 25th please and I'll join you.

Slim

:rage:

Go figure, I'll be so close to you guys yet so far apart! There is a Brigade Ex the weekend of the 25th! Drink one for me boys, I'd love to have been there!

I also suggest another meet before Christmass!
:)

Ill have to check my schedule as im not sure about the end of the month.......

Piper said:
*Bump*

So, we got dates for the last weekend of the month, 24-25th timeframe. I'll book it off work, anyone else interested (since this thread died a few weeks ago, does no one love me anymore?  ;D ).

Any takers?

Ahhh, jeeez... I still love ya....

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE'LL BE TAKING WINDY WALKS...

I'l check my scheduel too.  I think it should be clear after this week. I mean its not like I'm supposed to be doing anything anyway.(damn sick leave)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/53137/post-477953.html#msg477953

I'm leaning towards this here.......if I can swing it that they do it Monday or Tuesday I will be driving from Guelph and will have empty seats.  If its Wednesday night then  I would be leaving from Brampton.

Is anything going to come of this idea, or has this thread just been buried?

Just wondering. ;D

Well, if this is going to be a piper showdown, I will need some pictures people, and possibaly some video  ;D Loves the pipes.

Saturday night is the Feast of St. Andrew Dinner at the Cambridge armouries, I'll probably be playing at it.  Also, I'm heading up to Petawawa tomorow (picking up the CADPAT Bagpipe covers) and won't be back until Mid day Saturday.  I think my weekend is shot.

I'd still like to get together and play some tunes though...

Too bad I won't be on leave at this time.  My parents live in Guelph.  I'll be there over Christmas.

I highly recommend the Pennywhistle for any sort of get togethers.

im still interested in meeting up as well if it works with my work schedule

If anyone has gone to the Pennywhistle within the last couple years and seen a Navy sticker and Ship's Hats behind the bar, I gave it to them!

I also tagged the stage at the Manor with a Navy sticker, but they peeled it off!

After getting ambushed by the Librarian and Air/Navy Mich in the chat the other night I was going to have a get-together in Cambridge but
after thinking about it I decided it will be the known rather than the unknown. The bar is right beside two hotels, the bus from Toronto stops right there for the University students, it will be one road up from Burlington for Vern and just a 10 dollar cab ride for me back home.

Wednesday the 27th of December.................timings are very flexable.

Map of Guelph
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=guelph&state=on&zipcode=

Zoom in on the purple part, thats the U of G.  Then zoom in close to the corner of Stone Road and Gordon Street, the bar is called Shakespeare Arms, just in a bit on Harvard Road, and it is just behind the No Frills store/ Portly Penquin that is on the corner.
http://www.shakespearearms.ca/about.htm

Hotels within spittin' distanse,
http://www.google.ca/maps?hl=en&lr=&cr=countryCA&q=hotels&near=Guelph,+ON&radius=0.0&latlng=43535309,-80246183,2582145347960168510&sa=X&oi=local&ct=result&cd=3

http://www.daysinnguelph.com/locationdirections/                This one is a lot newer.

For those coming from out of town just follow the Days Inn directions as the bar is just 100 more feet on the left/right. [depending on direction]

[quote author=Bruce the guy who likes to modify other peoples posts and make them have to rewrite them]
Try again....I was modifing when you posted.
Bruce [/quote]

You had to modify my post, eh?  Couldn't just post stuff all in one shot, could ya?!

I type like a monkey picking at another monkeys head for tasty lice... You know how long it takes me to spit out a single line?!?! DO YA?!?

jeez.. mods...  ::)

Anyway, Sounds good to me.. I going to say I'm in for now... unless something crazy happens.

BTW.. back to what I typed that was very quickly changed:
This is a good opportunity for other pipers in the area (who may be there) to save shipping on CADPAT bag covers, if they're interested.

I'm in Brantford at my mom's for the holidays, so sounds good for sure.  I leave on the 29th though, so I won't be staying overnight.  Timing ideas from anyone?  I would prefer a later afternoon start and then supper maybe?

Back