• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
For the record, I F*****g hate the term "Settler". Just another virtue signaling division of people. JFC, my family have been here since 1820 (dad's side) and 1870 (mom's side). I have as much in common with an European as I do with rock in Antarctica.

If one of my kids or my cousin's kids takes on the family farm, they will be the 7th generation in an unbroken family line farming the same land going back to 1850, what will by then be knocking on 200 years.

I'm no historian, so this is a layman's understanding of things.

Prior to 1650- said land was likely under the control of the Neutral, but maybe the Huron
From 1650-1700, said land was under the control of the Haudenosaunee, who took it by force from the Neutral/Huron
Around or slightly after 1700 the Anishinaabe pushed the weakened Haudenosaunee down from the North (also by force)

Who's ancestral land is it?

I believe there are people who will gain Canadian passports for less the wholesome reasons and there are people who will gain Canadian passports simply as a get out of jail free card when things sideways where they are. Sometimes those are the same people.

One of the major issues Canada and Canadians have to come to terms with is that we can't just allow people to take from this great country. We have to contribute too, citizenship should demand that.

So yes I do believe there are Canadian of convenience. I don't believe that has any correlation to race, culture or creed. Shitty people come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

That seems to be the law of the land.

Why do you think this has some sort of racial undertone ? Or is it because of the geo location of this incident ?

I would argue lots of people have a Canadian passport who have contributed absolutely nothing to Canada and who live elsewhere and only to whip it out in an emergency expecting mother Canada to come to the rescue. I would imagine with out lax immigration and citizenship laws we have people from all walks off life who have done this. Race or skin tone has nothing to do with it.

Either way the dude shwacked FAFO'd. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Citizenship has nothing to do with is.

@KevinB @Remius

I think you are miss the parts where I talk about contributing to Canada.

It is a thing:

I tried to give up my Canadian passport, they wouldn’t take it…

So am I now a Canadian of inconvenience?
Maybe more one of administrative inconvenience when it comes to the passport :)

Last edited:
Where did I mention skin colour? Oh wait, I didn’t but you assumed anyway and got triggered.
That's not quite an answer to "what did you mean by Canadian in quotes as opposed to Canadian?" ;) #WordsAndPunctuationMatter

For the record, I F*****g hate the term "Settler". Just another virtue signaling division of people. JFC, my family have been here since 1820 (dad's side) and 1870 (mom's side). I have as much in common with an European as I do with rock in Antarctica.
That’s almost as long as Chinese-Canadians who built the Western half of the Trans Canada railway…

To be fair, there are plenty of Canada born Canadians who contribute nothing to Canada as well.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Back