• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Family Day - Ontario

OnTrack

Inactive
Reaction score
Happy Family Day fellow Ontarians.  It was like a ghost town driving into work today.

OnTrack said:
Happy Family Day fellow Ontarians.  It was like a ghost town driving into work today.

Working today?  So much for that new holiday for you. :-\

No kidding.  Federal public servants don't get the day because it's not in the CA.  Raises a good point though - a pal of mine is an employee rep for his union (not federal - not PSAC).  He tells me that his union strongly desires to give up the Remembrance Day stat holiday in favour of the new Family Day stat.  Shame really.

Apparently Toronto Fire and Ambulance have it off... Toronto Police do not.

Not sure of the exact details.  Watching the news now to find out.

Louis Riel Day in Manitoba. Not that I'm objecting to the name, but the date doesn't bear any significance to Louis Riel, at least none I could find. However, a day off, and a good day for Mah Jong with friends  ;D

:cdn:
Hawk

Hawk said:
Louis Riel Day in Manitoba. Not that I'm objecting to the name, but the date doesn't bear any significance to Louis Riel, at least none I could find. However, a day off, and a good day for Mah Jong with friends  ;D

Hawk

An because of Louis Riel day my leave is 1 day longer...  booyakasha

One more day of leave - always a good thing  ;D

Hawk

This pretty well sums it up

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2008/02/18/jonathan-kay-asks-is-there-any-lamer-holiday-than-quot-family-day-quot-is-it-even-theoretically-possible-that-there-could-be.aspx

Here in BC, there has been talk of creating a holiday around Chinese New Year.

Personally, I would like to see a day dedicated our the Father of British Columbia, our first governor, Sir James Douglas.  ;D

EDIT: http://www.islandnet.com/~bcbhas/hist-1.htm

Trinity said:
Apparently Toronto Fire and Ambulance have it off... Toronto Police do not.

Not sure of the exact details.  Watching the news now to find out.

Ambulances off..that's funny were always working. There were certainly alot on the roads in TO when I took someone down to Sick Kids.
Fire...it would be hard to tell because the never work anyway.

I've defiantly earned my triple time this Stat.

Cheers

I worked too...not complaining though. Yay stat pay..!

I wouldn't imagine fire or emergency services get any holidays off...unless they were talking about those chained to desks. *shrug*

Back