• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy turkey day!

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Happy turkey day folks!  In a few hours I get to experience what Aussie turkey tastes like.  Wish me luck!

Dimsum said:
Happy turkey day folks!  In a few hours I get to experience what Aussie turkey tastes like.  Wish me luck!

Bet It tastes like chicken!

Get mine tomorrow, and it's going to be a honker! The wife's cooking a 10 lb turkey plus all the fixings you could think of for 3 people lol.... going to be turkey drunk until friday! :D

Turkey brined last night, resting today. Tomorrow it meets Mr Smoker.

No family in town (99.9% in Italy), so annual celebration with liver & onions (watching my cholesterol, so it's only an occasional treat).  Weird?  Guilty as charged.

My fave deli was moving hams & turkeys out the door at a brisk pace yesterday, and I think it'll be the same today.

Enjoy your holidays, folks!

milnews.ca said:
.... so annual celebration with liver & onions (watching my cholesterol, so it's only an occasional treat).  Weird?  Guilty as charged.
You are one sick mo-fo  :boke:

Journeyman said:
You are one sick mo-fo  :boke:
Liver's like cilantro - people love it or hate it, nothing in between.

Mmmmm..... liver & onions... :nod:

Whoa there -- liver is nothing like cilantro. No self-respecting tomato-based sauce can be made without cilantro (plus many other soups, sauces, etc), but liver is for filtering alcohol, not eating.
:cheers:

Hannibal Lecter indeed!

I have to agree with JM on that one.  Cilantro - good, liver - blechhhh!  :-X

This is what I'm having today: Yucatan Spiced Pulled Turkey

It's marinading in the refrigerator right now.  Can't wait.....  :nod:

milnews.ca said:
No family in town (99.9% in Italy), so annual celebration with liver & onions (watching my cholesterol, so it's only an occasional treat).  Weird?  Guilty as charged.

My fave deli was moving hams & turkeys out the door at a brisk pace yesterday, and I think it'll be the same today.

Enjoy your holidays, folks!
That wouldn't be Maltese  would it?

Honey ham and Roast Emu here as turkey = lots of tums.

Well after spending last week in Farnham doing ranges, BFT, birthday etc in something those far less adventurous than I would erroneously call "the field", ... I couldn't decide what exactly I wanted for Thanksgiving (but it sure as hell won't be liver!! Yuuuuccck) dinner so ...

2 X Pumpkin pies baked and cooling;
1 X Stuffed Dirty Bird in the oven casting a nice smell throughout the household;
1 X Ham baking nicely beside the turkey; and
1 X Daughter who just jumped out of an aircraft for the very first time for her own birthday this morning =

A great day for which I am thankful to be experiencing!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

What she said.

We had Thanksgiving Dinner last night with 150 of our closest friends. The RV park where we are seasonals hosted its annual free dinner for about 300 in two sittings. We donated a couple of blueberry pies and enjoyed turkey, taters, gravy, dressing and mixed veggies courtesy of the park, along with salads, yams, desert, etc, etc courtesy of our fellow campers. Then this morning we packed up and brought our RV home and had it unloaded by noon. Tomorrow we will start cleaning it up aned winterizing in prep for heading south in about three months.

Bit of a culinary rest today, and a big pork roast tomorrow!

Again, time to reflect how lucky we are to live in this great country and how blessed we have been to wear her uniform with pride and dignity!

12 lb turkey on the rotisserie over hardwood charcoal smoking with black cherry wood chunks and two small black walnut chunks.

Now to start on all the rabbit food.

Might even have a dram or two of Laphroaig Quarter Cask while waiting to carve.

HAGO everyone :salute:

recceguy said:
12 lb turkey on the rotisserie over hardwood charcoal smoking with black cherry wood chunks and two small black walnut chunks.

Now to start on all the rabbit food.

Might even have a dram or two of Laphroaig Quarter Cask while waiting to carve.

HAGO everyone :salute:

Fancy, I've got cans of Coors Light... on sale @ the liquor store behind my house lol

MPMick said:
Fancy, I've got cans of Coors Light... on sale @ the liquor store behind my house lol
I couldn't afford the Coors Light so I went with Lakeport Light and a blended Scotch.
Ham done cut up and the bone is in the pot to make Pea Soup.

PMedMoe said:
I have to agree with JM on that one.  Cilantro - good, liver - blechhhh!  :-X
Making you the anti-me - I've got the tastebud array that makes cilantro taste like soap.  :nod:

my72jeep said:
That wouldn't be Maltese  would it?
Nope - central Italy.  The liver is just something I enjoy, not a practice from the old country.

milnews.ca said:
Is you Fave Deli Maltese Meats just behind the ASU.?

Back