• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Having to re-input password ...

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Is it just me??

I have had to re-input my password quite a few times over the last couple of hours to re-enter the site as I am getting booted out. Usually when I choose "Show unread posts since last visit" ...
???

I had to do the same thing yesterday a couple of times. Everything is working now. Maybe just a hidden system check to make sure you are who you say you are.

Just happened for the first time. I am always logged in forever.......

The one thing I have noticed is that if you click the box to stay logged in forever, the numbers in the box above disappear.....they never used to...

Larry Strong said:
Just happened for the first time. I am always logged in forever.......

I am logged in the same way ...

so this is spooky.

GAP, the numbers have always grayed out when you select forever... but given that it's "forever" you probably don't have occasion to see that screen very often. :)

Not sure what was going on with the login info... nothing changed on this end, but since several of you were seeing the same issue at the same time, I have to wonder. Is it still a problem?

Mike Bobbitt said:
GAP, the numbers have always grayed out when you select forever... but given that it's "forever" you probably don't have occasion to see that screen very often. :)

Not sure what was going on with the login info... nothing changed on this end, but since several of you were seeing the same issue at the same time, I have to wonder. Is it still a problem?

Hasn't happened to me yet today Mike. Knock, knock, knock.

I don't even know about yesterday proper as I was flying all day, but may have been limited to just last evening over that couple hours timeframe where I was booted 5 or 6 times. I would click on a post (or "unread") to go to that, but the system would send me to the log-in screen and make me log in again - which I had to do to proceed into the site again.

Mike Bobbitt said:

It's not a problem, just an annoyance,  a minor one at that. If I turned my computer off when I left work, I had to relog everymorning, and as far as I can remember, the numbers never greyed (maybe it was a white out) out when I clicked the box. I would always put 9999 in, click the box and logged in.

Happened to me quite a few time these last few days.

Just had to do it again, 5 minutes ago.

dileas

tess

I have had it happen to me and was thinking it may have been a result of a new program I had installed which cleans up cookies and Temp Internet files.  As now I see quite a few have the same problem, I am wondering if it may have been some modification to some of our browsers, such as IE7 or IE8 having a new "privacy" program?  What browsers are you all using?

Happened to me, too.  A couple of times over the past few days, but not today.

I use Firefox.

Doesn't happen to me ... I think it's a issue of trust: Mikes' software knows me and knows I'm a good chap, etc.  :D

I'm using Chrome, by the way.

Thanks folks. I assumed it was my own glitch.

It happened to me on two days last week, and then again this morning when I logged on (but not in the past half hour so), primarily when I opened a thread in a new tab (so I don't have to keep refreshing the "Unread Topics" while going through the 'overnight traffic').

Whatever it is Mike, it's intermittent.

Journeyman said:
Thanks folks. I assumed it was my own glitch.

It happened to me on two days last week, and then again this morning when I logged on (but not in the past half hour so), primarily when I opened a thread in a new tab (so I don't have to keep refreshing the "Unread Topics" while going through the 'overnight traffic').

Whatever it is Mike, it's intermittent.

Well, if it's happening to JM, too, then I'm sure it's a trust or character issue!  :)

Been too busy playing with my new netbook to notice anything.  ;D

Back