• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hearing protection / Aids

The CF provides earplugs...

Other elments of the CF have Peltors and Sordins.

The conventional side of the CF has only recently realised its in the gunfighting business and is still struggling to get the proper kit.
  I was talking to Jay4th about this today -- and until people are near explosions ina  dynamic environment -- the need is not as obvious.

EARPLUGS....Seen ... to bad about the REACTIVE nature rather then the PROACTIVE...

GO!!!  Cost vs benifit ...Isn't this the newest version of Leadership principle #6

Thanks for all the input troops ..I'll look into all the options

BigRed /  I-6 ....one thing that I could not locate was ...how do the Comtacs work with the comms equip that is being used in vehicles in theater??

I'll research the OAB Helmet upgrade .... but this may also be  as simple as the surefire plugs as I will be wearing a veh headset  most of the time... I am going to order a pair and see how they work out ... only $12 ..what the heck ..MATT ..do I get a free dump pouch with my order??

Jamtorky said:
EARPLUGS....Seen ... to bad about the REACTIVE nature rather then the PROACTIVE...

I am going to order a pair and see how they work out ... only $12 ..what the heck ..MATT ..do I get a free dump pouch with my order??

Hmm,  Lets see here,  $12 earplugs for a $47.50 dump pouch?  Give me a call on Monday to discuss.  :)

Matt_Fisher said:
Hmm,  Lets see here,  $12 earplugs for a $47.50 dump pouch?  Give me a call on Monday to discuss.  :)

If your going to through in the dump pouch, count me in  ;D.  Hay Matt, doing this is a good way to get customers, as the product is out there and people in the different units Will see it; and if they like it, possably buy it.

GO!!! said:
My guess would be that enough people have not put in pensions for hearing loss.

Even when they do, it's very difficult to attribute all hearing loss to work related activities. 
I have seen a lot of soldiers driving around in their cars with the tunes cranked so loud, I could hear the bass in my house (or in my car with the windows closed)!! Often, these are the same folks who gripe about lack of hearing protection at work.  And of course, on their medical questionnaire, they don't say that they listen to loud music.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Even when they do, it's very difficult to attribute all hearing loss to work related activities. 
I have seen a lot of soldiers driving around in their cars with the tunes cranked so loud, I could hear the bass in my house (or in my car with the windows closed)!! Often, these are the same folks who gripe about lack of hearing protection at work.  And of course, on their medical questionnaire, they don't say that they listen to loud music.  ::)

Perhaps they need to play the music at that volume because they're half deaf from military activities? 

Matt_Fisher said:
Perhaps they need to play the music at that volume because they're half deaf from military activities? 

See that Matt? That's the party line. You have to toe it.

Repeat after me "all injuries and sickness can be attributed to the individual soldier's own clumsiness, laziness or lack of hygiene, except those that are the fault of the military, and then it is still the soldier's fault - for volunteering to join the CF"

Is'nt this the mission statement of the Pre Med Techs?  ;)

GO!!! said:
Is'nt this the mission statement of the Pre Med Techs?  ;)

Nope, we don't have anything to do with the medical pensions! And BTW, it's P Med, not pre-med.  I'm not going to medical school.  ;)

Well a lot of PREventive Med Tech's act like they are  ;D

Back