• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help! My groin.

That's my whole point, the "feel around."  Considering the amount of pain I was in and the sensitivity to touch, I found it odd that he would request it in that situation.  Perhaps he was doing his job but there are other ways of ruling out reproductive problems like blood work and an ultra-sound, which I requested and opted for instead of the exam.

Sounds like....

Lets ask a couple questions, you can pm me back if you don't want everyone to know...

1. how did you hurt your groin, what direction where you going, and we you able to continue to do whatever it was you were doing?

2. When you lay ( on your back) down...does it hurt to lift you leg, does it hurt to bring your legs together, or apart?

GirlFiredUp said:
That's my whole point, the "feel around." Considering the amount of pain I was in and the sensitivity to touch, I found it odd that he would request it in that situation. Perhaps he was doing his job but there are other ways of ruling out reproductive problems like blood work and an ultra-sound, which I requested and opted for instead of the exam.
is it just painful in the groin area or up into you abdomen as well?

As per any muscle-skeletal area, about 1/2 of the process of diagnosis is history (how you hurt it) and the other 1/2 is in the exam (what hurts when I do this...).

Best I'll do for you is justify or quell your fears....

Girlfiredup

Hope you get better soon sweetie....

Marine837M

Then he said something that sent me spinning.   "I think I may have to do vaginal examination".   I said "the hell you will!!".    I'm in pain and this guy wants to go feel around?   And not only that, it's not necessary.   Any x-ray or ultrasound can do the job.   What a freak.

Not to sound like an asshole but why go to a hospital if you know more than the doctor does?   Your asking medical advice on the internet, how do you know what is necessary and what isn't?

It sounds like you are pretty lucky considering many people go to the hospital and spend 3 minutes talking to a doctor then sent on their way. You should probably be happy they ordered those tests for you and didn't just send you home with only advil.

well Ive had a few injury's on my knees and legs so heres my advice if the doctor wants to be a freak then let him he has spent more time training to do his job than most of the tecs mecs and rest of us .......i know it may be not the best feeling in the world ....but what if you had damaged the womb or other part of the female parts ! no kids ! way up the options us men are just as bad ........i was messing round on the turret of me tank fell of and jarred me bits on the barrel (very ******* painful) after a little time on gas and air (god it hurt bad) tears in my eyes Niagara falls more like..lol.i let the nurses and docs take a good look i didn't mind as it had swelled bigger than a cricket ball but was still rather embarasing! but they did what they could to help me ! no ice !lol....and even went i was all good again stenched for a sperm test and found all was o.k if they want to do an exam of any kind no matter the pain they do it for a reason you may not see it like that but they do know the body better than us.......hope u get better soon,...........CPL

Ghost778 said:
Not to sound like an ******* but why go to a hospital if you know more than the doctor does?   Your asking medical advice on the internet, how do you know what is necessary and what isn't?

It sounds like you are pretty lucky considering many people go to the hospital and spend 3 minutes talking to a doctor then sent on their way. You should probably be happy they ordered those tests for you and didn't just send you home with only advil.

Nah.. you don't sound like a ****** whatever that may be and I never said I knew more than the doctor.   I just felt there were other ways to determine internal damages than what he suggested.   It's not the ONLY method.   I have the right to refuse the exam... I just wasn't comfortable with it and the doc didn't see a problem either.   You're right, I was pretty blessed to have those other exams conducted (that's what my tax dollars pay for).   God I love being a canadian. :D

Also I wasn't looking to have my situation diagnosed on this forum but rather just looking for advice from anyone that has had this sort of groin injury.  Although I did receive some very helpful info from a qualified medical professional off this forum (thank you).

I must have missed this thead but as I was skimming it one thing jumped out at me. The only mention of something that could be SHARPable to my eyes was by one of its great supporters, Mr Dorosh.
Does cut a little too fine sometimes, don't ya think?

Back